In Through the Outdoor - Super Deluxe

pmarsh22

Quick Question RE: the inner sleeve on the 1979 release...

I was with my 14 yr old today & he's just getting into music, knows Zeppelin is my favorite band, He's into Maiden, Mastodon, heavier stuff..anyway a day off of school, I said hey you want to see something kind of cool about Led Zeppelin & the both of use ran a sponge over the inner sleeve, it changed colors like it did for me years ago when I first did it.

I posted the video on FB & a few folks lit us up for it.

Sacrilege or cool moment with the boy? What ya think? Thanks!

Quick Question RE: the inner sleeve on the 1979 release...

I was with my 14 yr old today & he's just getting into music, knows Zeppelin is my favorite band, He's into Maiden, Mastodon, heavier stuff..anyway a day off of school, I said hey you want to see something kind of cool about Led Zeppelin & the both of use ran a sponge over the inner sleeve, it changed colors like it did for me years ago when I first did it.

I posted the video on FB & a few folks lit us up for it.

Sacrilege or cool moment with the boy? What ya think? Thanks!

Both: a priceless memory, and a devaluation of the record.

When I was a kid, I had a coloring book where all the images were filled with ITTOD type dots. The instructions suggested taking a bowl of water, dipping a paint brush into it, and then painting the image with water (within the lines), and the color would appear. I never did color any of my ITTOD albums.

• 4 months later...

I remember getting the album home on day of release and my girlfriend spilt wine on the inner cover.Eww! she went ,it's changing colour, wow it's magic.We had fun coloring it in.Don't think it led to sex for memory.

Dave Lewis at Tight But Loose has confirmed the version of All My Love on the ITTOD companion disc is not the extended version with the captivating outro. To say I'm disappointed we have lost out on hearing some of the most eloquent guitar runs Jimmy ever committed to tape (not to mention Robert's soaring vocals), in a properly produced state is a colossal understatement. What was Jimmy thinking about sticking with the shorter version on the companion disc, the bounder?

Cheers,
Indi

Dave Lewis at Tight But Loose has confirmed the version of All My Love on the ITTOD companion disc is not the extended version with the captivating outro. To say I'm disappointed we have lost out on hearing some of the most eloquent guitar runs Jimmy ever committed to tape (not to mention Robert's soaring vocals), in a properly produced state is a colossal understatement. What was Jimmy thinking about sticking with the shorter version on the companion disc, the bounder?

Cheers,

Indi

But it is already out there on bootleg, bet you already have it (I have), and we all know what Jimbo said about stuff out there on boot already. did I say already three times already....

But it is already out there on bootleg, bet you already have it (I have), and we all know what Jimbo said about stuff out there on boot already. did I say already three times already....

The number of people who even know of its existence is very small compared to the actual amount of people who listen to and buy led zeppelin records.

Those of us who know about it and can enjoy it are the lucky ones because for most fans they will never hear it and that to me is wrong. Why not make it available to everybody. It will get played on the radio and old fans will rediscover it and new fans will be created.

Is the Bombay stuff different than what I have now?

The number of people who even know of its existence is very small compared to the actual amount of people who listen to and buy led zeppelin records.

Those of us who know about it and can enjoy it are the lucky ones because for most fans they will never hear it and that to me is wrong. Why not make it available to everybody. It will get played on the radio and old fans will rediscover it and new fans will be created.

Trying to get bootlegs on anything is almost impossible where I live.I have never heard the extended version of AOML and i will be dissapointed if it is not on the companion disc.I can understand Jimbo not wanting to release live bootleg stuff but we are talking unreleased studio stuff which surely he must have possession or access to.I have been happy with the companion discs for the most part but some opportunities have been missed.

Trying to get bootlegs on anything is almost impossible where I live.I have never heard the extended version of AOML and i will be dissapointed if it is not on the companion disc.I can understand Jimbo not wanting to release live bootleg stuff but we are talking unreleased studio stuff which surely he must have possession or access to.I have been happy with the companion discs for the most part but some opportunities have been missed.

Nothing is impossible with the wonders of the World Wide Web. Google is your friend, a simple search will provide you with treasure chests of joy. Quality in vast quantities is out there with just a simple click of a mouse button all for free.

JTM, as other people have mentioned some of the other Companion Disc material was also bootlegged too, so this criteria applied by Jimmy is not a level playing field. Okay, perhaps the versions he has proffered are different takes or mixes but the core tracks are the same. AML is known to be a less favoured track in Jimmy's catalogue preferences, but then I'm sure even he could appreciate the magical atmosphere present in the outro, all it would have added is another 60 seconds to the track length. The main reason I would have liked this to have been included was to hear a cleaned up and no doubt fairy-dusted version with Jimmy at the helm.

Cheers,

Indi

JTM, as other people have mentioned some of the other Companion Disc material was also bootlegged too, so this criteria applied by Jimmy is not a level playing field. Okay, perhaps the versions he has proffered are different takes or mixes but the core tracks are the same. AML is known to be a less favoured track in Jimmy's catalogue preferences, but then I'm sure even he could appreciate the magical atmosphere present in the outro, all it would have added is another 60 seconds to the track length. The main reason I would have liked this to have been included was to hear a cleaned up and no doubt fairy-dusted version with Jimmy at the helm.

Cheers,

Indi

That was what I was aiming at,a cleaned up extended,official,hard copy version.Call me old school but I like to have the physical product in my hands .I have an ipod but nothing beats dropping the needle or spinning the disc with the cover in your hand

Cheers,

Indi

The version(s) I have of the extended AOML are as good as you can get, the easily match the quality of the official release.

Is the Bombay stuff different than what I have now?

I don't know what you have, I don't care to much for the Bombay Sessions, don't rate them, don't really like them. I did have a download of the sessions but did not deem them worthy enough of a CDR, I do have the Cabala set that has the Friends recording session (12 mins or so) but I don't think I've ever listened to the whole thing.

I don't know what you have, I don't care to much for the Bombay Sessions, don't rate them, don't really like them. I did have a download of the sessions but did not deem them worthy enough of a CDR, I do have the Cabala set that has the Friends recording session (12 mins or so) but I don't think I've ever listened to the whole thing.

I have what everybody has. It's definitely a great snapshot of a moment in time but for overall listening its a bit dull. Friends and Four Sticks are really cool though. I think the flute version of Four Sticks is very special. It's the kind of track you want to have and should be included on the companion disc.

Archived