Feb 3 Jimmy Page Promises 'Quite Different' Direction With New Music

Megalodon

there are more and more articles online and in lower end media stating that Jimmy will be touring in 2016. theyre all as empty in content as each other based on his most recent assertions that he wants to be seen playing etc etc, but it does look like it could get embarrassing for him this time around if he doesn't do something. its been reported so much that he has stated this as his intention that I he doesn't he's going to look foolish

personally I'm not bothered if he does or doesn't but f he is (as is most likely IMO) just bullshitting again it could backfire badly

"SAJ is making a LOT of sense".

Maybe... But he might also be thinking..

"This SAJ, whoever that is,  rags on me every chance he gets. He must be a Clapton devotee. I'll bet he even likes the current KISS lineup. I've been busting my ass on remasters and live DVD's, and Cd's and lots of other stuff and he's still not happy. Oh well... At least the chase is there sticking up for me,  being the  blindly loyal Page apologist that he is"...

I crack myself up sometimes....

Maybe... But he might also be thinking..

"SAJ rags on me every chance he gets. He must be a Clapton devotee. I'll bet he even likes the current KISS lineup. I've been busting my ass on remasters and live DVD's, and Cd's and lots of other stuff and he's still not happy. Oh well... At least the chase, whoever that is, is there sticking up for me, being the blindly loyal Page apologist that he is"...

Fixed that for you.

Fair enough.. he doesn't know me or you most likely and probably couldnt care less what either one of us think. He certainly doesn't know me by my initials.

I can live with that.. Can you?

Based on all of the information he has about Jimmy, he'd better hope he only knows him by his initials.  

I think Jimmy will do something.  Maybe not on the level as what has been described by some on this thread.  Look at Gilmour, he's put out music without having to do a ton of promotion or a long tour.  If he does decide to do nothing, I'm fine with that too.

Maybe the in-depth interview that airs on Dec 30th will give some better insight on what
his possible plans are? At the very least maybe Jimmy will share whether he's been in
contact with any musicians and if he's been jamming with anybody yet. I don't expect any
big moves until after the holidays - if  there are any that's going to be happening that is. 
Whatever does or doesn't happen sits fine with me.

Wonder what Page would say if he read this thread...

These people are rabid.It's hard browsing as a member here with an avatar that I thought would give some a clue as to who I was,but no.

And the ungrateful so and so's seem to have had it with the reissues of remasters.Someone mentioned boots and I have a good collection but the bastards at Empress Valley have beaten me to it!

Well,on into 2016 then,where I can be seen to be manifesting new music and manifesting a likely tour as well.

Better get back onto the solicitor and see about getting that French interview with the acoustic guitar fiasco removed from the web too...

These people are rabid.It's hard browsing as a member here with an avatar that I thought would give some a clue as to who I was,but no.

And the ungrateful so and so's seem to have had it with the reissues of remasters.Someone mentioned boots and I have a good collection but the bastards at Empress Valley have beaten me to it!

Well,on into 2016 then,where I can be seen to be manifesting new music and manifesting a likely tour as well.

Better get back onto the solicitor and see about getting that French interview with the acoustic guitar fiasco removed from the web too...

It did occasionally cross my mind that you might be "that" Ross.

Maybe the in-depth interview that airs on Dec 30th will give some better insight on what
his possible plans are? At the very least maybe Jimmy will share whether he's been in
contact with any musicians and if he's been jamming with anybody yet. I don't expect any
big moves until after the holidays - if  there are any that's going to be happening that is. 
Whatever does or doesn't happen sits fine with me.

Johnny Walker is nearly as bad an interviewer as Page is an interviewee. Walker is as bland and middle of the road as they come. Probably selected because of that. Except nothing but a hagiography, where as usual Jimmy fails to get pinned down and provide any entertaining anecdotes or tidbits that illustrate his abstract, rambling points. 

Based on all of the information he has about Jimmy, he'd better hope he only knows him by his initials.  

Fair enough.. he doesn't know me or you most likely and probably couldnt care less what either one of us think. He certainly doesn't know me by my initials.

I can live with that.. Can you?

No, because we've already met...among other things.

Harper?  Would be surprising.  Could not be rehash.  Jimmy does groundwork and brings in Roy for vocals once composition is set.  

We all know the well is bone dry and the odds of Page releasing anything remotely interesting, let alone touring ever again, are about 300 million to one. However, I will reiterate what I strongly feel is his best option if he really wants to do something and that is a proper tour with Roy Harper. I say that because they get on very well socially, there is already a back catalog of work they collaborated on and they've never toured properly in support of it. They could do a solid 90 minute set (with or without backing musicians) and Roy Harper/Jimmy Page is viable enough to fill theater-sized venues. Additionally, perhaps most importantly, there's no chance it would be perceived as Jimmy Page's Led Zeppelin Experience. 

No, because we've already met...among other things.

"Met" is such a subjective term.  Did you let him know that you knew exactly where he was on June 1, 1973, February 15, 1975 and June 20, 1977, etc?  ;)   Just bustin' balls, Steve.  I do love when you seriously give information about something that I had no idea of.  

Johnny Walker is nearly as bad an interviewer as Page is an interviewee. Walker is as bland and middle of the road as they come. Probably selected because of that. Except nothing but a hagiography, where as usual Jimmy fails to get pinned down and provide any entertaining anecdotes or tidbits that illustrate his abstract, rambling points. 

Thanks for the heads up Flares!  So this is a typical Jimmy interview then. I am sure when they reach
the I T T O D part we'll hear about John Paul Jones à la Stevie Wonder keyboard and all that fun stuff.
Jimmy and his open ended answers where questions are answered with more questions. Sigh....

• 3 weeks later...

The latest "Classic Rock" mag issue 219 Feb 2016 reports. 

'Jimmy Page has set his sights on playing what he calls a "Karaoke" Led Zeppelin set at the Glastonbury Festival...... '

I won't get my hopes up, not that I have any.

Can anybody elaborate more on this? I know what Karaoke is,
but how would that work? I'm getting this weird picture of Jimmy
playing the riff to Black Dog  or the Theremin part in Whole Lotta
Love
  while a couple of drunk festival goers hop on stage and slur
the words and make fools of themselves. 

However if he had people who can actual sing join him it sounds fun.
Who wouldn't love to sing Zep music with Jimmy on guitar. It's like a bit
of an impromptu singer audition on his end. ;)

On 12/19/2015 at 10:51 PM, Flares said:
On 1/5/2016 at 10:49 AM, JTM said:

The latest "Classic Rock" mag issue 219 Feb 2016 reports. 

'Jimmy Page has set his sights on playing what he calls a "Karaoke" Led Zeppelin set at the Glastonbury Festival...... '

I won't get my hopes up, not that I have any.

Archived