New book on Earls Court concerts 'Five Glorious Nights'

Joe Bloggs

Principle merely principle.Too much of this goes on in the modern world.

If a firm wants to change the terms of an order, have the good manners to inform me

and offer me the chance to withdraw my order. that was my beef ,Rufus Stone to their credit

agreed with my position as customer. Many on this forum did not.

I can respect that. I'm actually in a "modern world business ethics" circumstance now with a different author and publisher. I pre-paid for a deluxe edition book, as did a few others. Well, apparently the publisher got word of the book's popularity and jacked the publishing and book binding price up 800% on the author. Of course this is cost prohibitive, so the author had to notify us our deluxe edition orders could not be honored (regular edition was ok). The punchline is that although our orders will be refunded apparently the electronic funds transfer system in which the deluxe edition books was purchased keeps those funds tied up until August. I am going to be very cautious about getting locked into anyone's pre-publication offers in the future.

All please note I have had no problems whatsoever with Rufus Stone or the Earls Court Five Glorious Nights book.

That's pretty lame to lie to people saying there is only X number of something and change that number behind peoples back. What kind of stupid idiot makes only 50. This is Led Zeppelin, not Lady Ga Ga book.

To be fair, there's an old axiom in the publishing industry which is something to the effect of "rockers don't read".

5 Glorious nights best represented in picture... because, to my ears LZ was LOST IN SPACE in the month of may 1975. Bad Chemistry on full display Long Beach 1975... that's the kind of 1975 that I like. If I'm wrong, what was the good night? Not the one from the video.. that's lackluster.

Like it says, has anyone received it yet? I thought they started shipping on June 16? I live in the states and will be out of town in a couple of weeks and I don't want to miss it.

I emailed Rufus a couple of days ago and heard nothing from them. Anybody got any info to post?

Thanks!

Like it says, has anyone received it yet? I thought they started shipping on June 16? I live in the states and will be out of town in a couple of weeks and I don't want to miss it.

I emailed Rufus a couple of days ago and heard nothing from them. Anybody got any info to post?

Thanks!

Looks like you're going to need a good neighbour to take in your package for you while you are away.

I just received mine today, #249. Upon initial review it is a piece of art and very well put together. Contained are fantastic images, many I have never seen (and I have seen many) on very high quality stock. Dave is to be congratulated on putting together this incredible book.

Just received the leather book from DHL carrier.

I'm number 16 and also got the 8x10.

Top notch quality!!!

Thank you Dave Lewis and Rufus!

Ok, shoot me and drag me from a horse but i have to ask. Is that JP's signature or DL's? I know JP said he was signing books, but i looked up JP signature and it doesn't look like that.

post-30254-0-12395000-1436460063_thumb.j

I got mine yesterday. Well, to say the least: I am flabbergasted..No, I really am. I only got the normal edition, but even that swept me off my feet. The images are just great, one can really grasp the atmosphere of these nights. Many smiles exchanged within the band and even iconic images included. I'm more than happy about the quality of the whole book and the images in particular. Many I have seen before, but not in such good quality and certainly not in one place. 120 quid well invested....

Oh yeah, I got #188 of 1000..

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...

Archived