Interesting Guitars

Charles J. White

I caught that Brian May rig rundown on youtube yesterday. Love the comments by Pete Malandrone regarding BM picking up a 50 dollar guitar and sounding like Brian May, someone else using his guitar and rig, doesn't sound like Brian May.

Here is one worthy or mention:

c7bc3ee8-e1fa-410e-88f5-c0e8d35bf107-206

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/jan/08/black-beauty-les-paul-original-gibson-up-for-auction

I caught that Brian May rig rundown on youtube yesterday. Love the comments by Pete Malandrone regarding BM picking up a 50 dollar guitar and sounding like Brian May, someone else using his guitar and rig, doesn't sound like Brian May.

Here is one worthy or mention:

c7bc3ee8-e1fa-410e-88f5-c0e8d35bf107-206

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/jan/08/black-beauty-les-paul-original-gibson-up-for-auction

Yeah, I heard that claim before and I call bullshit. Brian's unique tone comes from a patented affect he invented and uses, besides being an amazing guitarist the guy is a damn genius and holds a doctorate in astronomy. I promise you this, Brian May picks up ANY guitar that is not plugged into his affects rig and it's going to sound like any other guitar.

Yeah, I heard that claim before and I call bullshit. Brian's unique tone comes from a patented affect he invented and uses, besides being an amazing guitarist the guy is a damn genius and holds a doctorate in astronomy. I promise you this, Brian May picks up ANY guitar that is not plugged into his affects rig and it's going to sound like any other guitar.

Yep it is one of those 'they'll say anything in rock' type quotes. I guess to his tech he stills sounds like Brian May whatever he plays, to us it won't sound like Queen's Brian May without the delays etc added.

Mr Jimmy Page talking about Les Paul Number 1

I love how down to earth Jimmy is when talking about guitars

• 5 months later...

Archived