Looking Ahead: the Next Three Releases - Presence ITTOD and Coda

Not sure exactly what will be on the companion disc for Presence. There's only 7 songs, so unless there's quite a bit we haven't heard, I'm not expecting a whole lot out of it. Same with ITTOD. Both are amazing and Presence is is definitely up there as far as my favorite Zeppelin albums go...which is hard enough anyway because all of them are my favorites. Just not sure what to expect from these last three.

Given that Plant was somewhat incapacitated with the broken bones, I would hope there would be some instrumental gems we haven't heard yet. Per Jimmy , there is at least one that exists that was even a surprise to him!

Given that Plant was somewhat incapacitated with the broken bones, I would hope there would be some instrumental gems we haven't heard yet. Per Jimmy , there is at least one that exists that was even a surprise to him!

It's funny you mention an instrumental during the Presence sessions, Jimmy stated in a 1977 interview that he had planned to put a 15-minute instrumental on that album, but doing the overdubs (mainly for 'Achilles Last Stand') took up what little time he had and he never got around to it... I'm kinda glad he didn't, 'cause he said had he recorded that instrumental and put it on Presence, there wouldn't have been room for tracks like 'Nobody's Fault But Mine' and 'Tea For One' and they're two of the best tracks on the album.

As stated before, Jimmy discovered "two new things" on the analogue tape from the Presence studio sessions, I'm sincerely hoping he keeps them for Coda... as he should have done with the sublime 'Key To The Highway/Trouble In Mind'.

When I listened to Presence last week, I thought "Royal Orleans" would be pretty groovy without vocals. I like it with vocals too....more than "Candy Store Rock" or "Hots On For Nowhere".

I may certainly be disappointed, but I could easily see the companion tracks for Presence being a standout in the whole remasters campaign.

I think the new remasters suck, wheres the bass, shit my sub never makes a sound from these new masters, all highend to my ears.

My sub never makes a sound either....Probably because these albums are stereo so there is no LFE.

Those are just simple negatives of the original covers. Definitely an amateur job. The actual new covers have been much more subtly done - more solarised than true negatives.

I have the same concerns as you but I consider Dave Lewis second only to our Sam as far as news veracity goes. If it's on Dave's Facebook, I figure it is valid.

I have the same concerns as you but I consider Dave Lewis second only to our Sam as far as news veracity goes. If it's on Dave's Facebook, I figure it is valid.

Not questioning the news per se, just the provenance of the cover art, which is a blatant DIY job.

Boy, did I pick one helluva time to become a Zep-head, happy days indeed :stereo: ...

You've not quite made Zep Head status yet Hermit. you're still in the Member category, but Your time is gonna come.... :lol:

Yet, your profile pic is of The Who.

WTF,

LOL just kidding. I actually love The Who too

I've been on here before talking about the low vocal mix of Plan't voice on In The Evening and Carouselambra. So hopefully Page places different mixes of those on the bonus disc of ITTOD. YouTube as a version of Plant's vocals more clear from Carouselambra so I'm sure Jimmy has it too.

Archived