Led Zeppelin Denver 12-26-68 (PHOTO)

sam_webmaster

• 2 weeks later...

Cool pic indeed, a talented and very driven young Jimmy.

If indeed there are more pictures, I too would love to see them.

....same; likewise, the History Colorado Centre, and Historic archives at Denver Public Library, both have none... the History Colorado Centre/Photo Search and Permissions Librarian informs us the fans, they wanted Led Zeppelin Photos to be part of their 60's exhibition (currently on) very much and archives were searched, but none were in their collection. I have sent them our Photo Link in turn;

The Library has standard shots of LZ in their archive collection....

THe Exhibit and Led Zeppelin First Appearance acknowledged in this link;

http://www.historycolorado.org/content/give-1968-holidays-1968-exhibit-history-colorado-year-rocked-history

at this point, it must be a fan contribution further...

• 4 weeks later...

... I am very thankful to the University staff for their valuable time and effort to locate any photographs of LZ in Denver, partcularly, during Denver Exhibition, showcasing the Year 1968 as it was...

update from the University of Colrado at Denver received today (The Student Press did not publish during Winter Break):

"In 1968 the University of Colorado Denver’s student newspaper was The Fourth Estate. The only 1968 dates of publication in December of that year is December 11 1968. So we looked through the January and February 1969 issues – and there is no photo of the Led Zeppelin concert.

Metropolitan State College of Denver – also on this campus – published a paper in late 1968 title The Paper – we looked through those as well – and found no photo. In fact , none of the student newspapers during that time period had much in the way of photographs/illustrations."

----------------------------------------------------------

and this update from Denver University;

, this would have been over winter break for the students, so there was a month’s gap in reporting during the date of December 26, 1968. This may account for why there was no coverage of this event in the Clarion.

Archived