Live in Offenbach March 24th, 1973 (custard pie) album

zoso866

Hello,

Going through a bunch of boxes in my basement and came by an old bootleg album I had. I have never listened to it. Anyone know the quality of this album and concert?

Thanks

One of the best concerts in their history. The 1973 German tour is noted for amazing playing by Jimmy and Bonzo. It's an audience tape with fairly clear above average sound.

In other words, you've got a keeper!

Custard Pie was one of my earliest bootlegs, I got it in the very early eighties. This is a great show, it really showcases Pagey and Bonzo. Robert's voice takes a while to get warmed up but you hardly notice because the band is on fire. Yep, a classic!

I just hope your vinyl is still fairly clean and didn't get warped. Happy listening and welcome to the Forum.

+1

I had the cobla 2cd version in the mid nineties. But 'fairly clear above average' is a bit of an understatement...the sound is quite ballsy, well ballanced and " three dimensional" ( quote Luis Rey). The only minor flaw is the Chanel fluctuations in some parts

Enjoy!

• 3 years later...
On 4/12/2015 at 6:34 PM, duckman said:

+1

I had the cobla 2cd version in the mid nineties. But 'fairly clear above average' is a bit of an understatement...the sound is quite ballsy, well ballanced and " three dimensional" ( quote Luis Rey). The only minor flaw is the Chanel fluctuations in some parts

Enjoy!

What’s the definitive version of this boot? 

3 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

What’s the definitive version of this boot? 

TDOLZ's It's Warm , Not Hot is excellent as far as being complete but I think there is a channel issue. I really like Cold Sweat  (Live Remains, but it's EQd a bit bright but it's clear and balanced.

If I recall theres two audience recordings for this show.One maybe more complete than the other.Its been awhile since I listened to this show but the first silver release from the Cobla label "Custard Pie" has always been my go to version for this show.The channel fluctuations never really bothered me much while listening.One of the hottest shows ever from Zeppelin.

Edited by Ocean73

• 2 years later...