new zep influenced band ...with a quiz!

zofo musiohead

Hi, I'm Steve from Cornwall/Devon UK based band Littermouth. We write and perform original music. I'm the guitarist and, way beyond all others, the one guy that has most driven me to pick up a guitar in the first place and then get lost in the glory of rock music is undoubtedly Sir Jimmy Page, first knight of the Riff! My band Littermouth has just (11th April) released a video to a new recording, which I obviously want to shamelessly plug, but I do hope in this case will have some genuine interest to muso focused Zep fans. While our singer is more Jim Morrison or Anthony Kiedis in vocal range, so not saying our song sounds Zep, myself and the drummer have Page and Bonzo and our all out No 1 influences ....I hope you'll hear that in this song to some degree and thus maybe enjoy it!?

So here's a little quiz if you are feeling bored and want a little Zep challenge. I didn't set out to copy, maybe it was something engrained in my brain from years of Zep, but I felt a part of one of my riffs I do in this song always reminds me of a famous Zep riff - which one am I thinking of? Also in the video I do a little tribute to Led Zep ..can you see what it is and where? Prize if anyone interested? Not sure what to do but I'm guessing many chaps and chapesses on here will be a bit like me and, inspired by Zep, have got into playing so if you get the answers I will shamelessly plug your music on my band's facebook page and help give you a new audience (tbh I'd prob do that anyway if you ask and I liked it but, hey, it makes a prize!) and if not doing your own music you can have the glory of Littermouth's 'Zephead of the month' award and name some Zep tracks we tell our followers they shouldn't go through life without hearing!

Anyway, enough - here's the new song in video and hope some of you enjoy it. Cheers, Steve

https://youtu.be/kvjdWQZ_aKY

post-26037-0-98386100-1428832306_thumb.j

Sounds like there's a bit of The Wanton Song in there.

Woh! good call ...but not what was originally in my head for the answer ...umm? although, in terms of feel, yours may be a better answer than mine!! (how did I miss that!?) It's an earliier track than this I'm thinking of and it's that's Zep's song's main riff but played in a different way in sections in this song :-)

haha - Thank you Ddladner for comment. I obviously have hidden wanton influences I didn't realise!! I just love those Phys Graf riffs, as an album, more than anything (Kashmr, Trampled, Custard Pie etc) such a great feel, I never fail to get lost in them ...and clearly an influence and I'm feeling rather silly at maybe getting the answer wrong to my own little quiz! The actual riff I thought of after writting my song was more to do with the musical notes in the riff rather than the feel ...hint, in our verse root/octave (x a few) with a semi tone up chord resolution. No one has seen the Zep tribute in the video yet though :-)

Archived