Best TV Show Theme Songs of All Time

lipslikecherries

I lost a bet with myself. I thought it wouldn't take 10 posts before someone posted that infernal "Friends" theme song that makes me want to strangle the nearest person...especially those stupid claps. Enjoy your damnation in hell, Rembrandts.

All props to the themes from "South Park", "Buffy the Vampire Slayer", and "X-Files" aside, the truly great TV themes all came from before the 90s, in particular the rich, golden age of the 60s and 70s. Paul Carruthers might as well be my long-lost twin brother, as he hit a grand slam right off the bat with "The Addams Family", "Bewitched", "Get Smart", and "Sanford & Son". There's a man who knows his TV theme songs. "The Beverly Hillbillies" is another stone cold classic...sets up the story of the show perfectly and with a catchy tune. Plus a bonus banjo jam!

As I am not feeling sleepy yet, I thought I would contribute some more great TV theme songs.

Edited by Strider

As a kid of the 90's, this show is one of my all time favourites! Thanks for posting, Sath!

Also, here are 2 other shows that I practically grew up watching in the 90's, which I love even to this day! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLisEEwYZvw

You can strangle me now, Strider! :P

I also really loved the theme of this late 80's / early 90's cartoon :

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87