Redheaded stepson

Moddey Dhoo

After several days of reading different threads I realize I have years of reading material here and a lot to learn! I always thought I knew a good amount about LZ but now realize that I haven't even scratched the surface. What a great site.

However, what I have also noticed is that most novice site users don't seem to have the patience to deal with new users like me. Not me personally, the responses I have received have been extremely kind, but when reading others experiences I have noticed it takes little to nothing to provoke a novice user to light someone up for the smallest mistake such as a misspelled posting.

Heaven save us if we accidentally post a comment in a wrong topic thread!

For us that are new to this site, we are happy to have found this site and its wealth of information. Please try to take a breath and put yourself in our shoes. It's not fun eating your lunch at the empty cafeteria table. Be happy we are here and try to embrace us even if we screw up now and then. Friend us... and mentor us ...and together we can make this site something every LZ fan can be proud of.

Great post - and well said! I think it's partly a human thing and partly an internet thing (and I have to say, also partly a guy thing): People tend to forget that newer members don't have the institutional memory and the history; and people sometimes seem to like to demonstrate their own expertise or knowledge by being gruff or rude with those who are not as experienced.

At any rate, I hope you enjoy yourself here in the coming days and weeks!

Archived