Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Genghis Kon

Jimmy Page and the XYZ tapes

I would put both Page and Squire both in the top 3 for their instrument, and I'm sure there are polls that also support that. But a project that puts them together doesn't guarantee the result would be successful - and from what I heard on You-Tube, it wasn't. There's no doubt the groups you all are naming were and are still successful, and the musicians are all very good. I just tend to think that a dominant or improvisational bass player usually winds up with a less than stellar guitarist, and many top guitarists want a bass player to be more of a hold the line type of guy.

To me the most interesting aspect of the whole XYZ stuff, was the timing.  Bonzo had passed away mere MONTHS ago, and Page was back in the studio with other artists.  Sort of the whole "if the horse dumps you, get up and get right back on" thing.  Wish he had that sort of motivation today.

I wonder if this is in the queue for a polish up and release.  Anyone heard any updates?  I'm surprised that there are not more questions about this collaboration in interviews.

On 12/17/2017 at 7:47 AM, Chap said:

I wonder if this is in the queue for a polish up and release.  Anyone heard any updates?  I'm surprised that there are not more questions about this collaboration in interviews.

A release as what? It's two guys from Yes basically killing time with a post-Led Zeppelin Jimmy Page.