Choose Jimmy Page's Next Project

Strider

What should Jimmy Page's next project be?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want Jimmy Page to do next?

• Record new music/album
    • 1975 Earls Court live release
    • Another Led Zeppelin live release of your choice
    • Reunion with The Firm

A few years ago Adam Ant mentioned during an interview that he and Jimmy Page were going to collaborate on a musical project. Ant has discussed his struggles with bipolar disorder in the past so I took his comments about a future collaboration with Page with a grain of salt. When no joint project with the two men came to pass, I sadly assumed that Ant was going through a rough patch at the time. However, I do wonder at times if he and Page ever talked about doing something together. You gotta admit, Jimmy Page and Adam Ant aren't two artists you would normally put together. That alone would grab the media's attention.

• 2 weeks later...

Just as long as it is new music, be it solo or with others.

People I feel might be great to work with are for example: - Joe Bonamassa (after all he did a cool version of Tea for one as well as Dazed and confused)

-Jack White (he is good + they met up for It might get loud)
-Chris Cornell (If Jimmy wants a good rock vocalist)
-Tom Morello (Rage against the machine, Audioslave and also Bruce Springsteen's E-Street Band. A very talented guy.)

• 6 months later...

Now that Jimmy is done with the Zeppelin re-issues, I'd wish he'd turn his attention to un-released Yardbirds material like the Fillmore Concert which he owns a soundboard copy of. And how about re-issuing the Holy Graily of Page era Yardbirds tracks, "Knowing That I'm Losing You" that morphed into "Tangerine"?

7 hours ago, Bill Sellers said:

Now that Jimmy is done with the Zeppelin re-issues, I'd wish he'd turn his attention to un-released Yardbirds material like the Fillmore Concert which he owns a soundboard copy of. And how about re-issuing the Holy Graily of Page era Yardbirds tracks, "Knowing That I'm Losing You" that morphed into "Tangerine"?

I guess your new here? If so, welcome. I've discussed Jimmy's inability to release Yardbirds material before. What it comes down to is he won't do it unless he gets a producer's credit, however Dreja & McCarty are opposed to that. Consequently, nothing gets done. Back in 2001 there was a bit of back and forth concerning a proper rerelease of the Anderson Theater show, and it was during that time this irreconcilable difference first presented itself.  

11 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

I guess your new here? If so, welcome. I've discussed Jimmy's inability to release Yardbirds material before. What it comes down to is he won't do it unless he gets a producer's credit, however Dreja & McCarty are opposed to that. Consequently, nothing gets done. Back in 2001 there was a bit of back and forth concerning a proper rerelease of the Anderson Theater show, and it was during that time this irreconcilable difference first presented itself.  

*you're

Archived