FORUM MAINTENANCE

sam_webmaster

Yeah I agree.  Every time someone changes a website, I hate it.  Then in a month or so, I'm fine with it and if I see the old version, somehow it looks REALLY old to me.  But for now, the new forum....everything is way too big, too clunky, I don't like the Kashmir font stuff. 

But I am sure I will get used to it.

Im so use to it now, i cant imagine using the old format. So easy and quick to upload photos on my mobile. I really like the main page icon on top.

Great work Sam!

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'm missing something -- the ability to search specific sub-forums (ie "News" or "led Zep Live") for threads that have a word or phrase I'm looking for. I can usually find my around to do this kinf of a search on other sites I visit, but at a loss to figure this out here. Help??

• Administrators

I think I'm missing something -- the ability to search specific sub-forums (ie "News" or "led Zep Live") for threads that have a word or phrase I'm looking for. I can usually find my around to do this kinf of a search on other sites I visit, but at a loss to figure this out here. Help??

I think you have to be inside an individual forum sub-section first to search within it, then you can select to search "This Forum".  i.e.: If you're in the "Led Zeppelin Live" section, you can then search within it:

search2.thumb.jpg.52b70c6a39329cb19f84a4

• 2 months later...

Where has the new content button gone, that is the way I have viewed the forum for a long time now. I liked viewing forum content as it rolled the "new" unread content button is not the same thing.  I know the forum has been ever evolving over the past eight years but this is one change I don't like. 

Edited by JTM