Jefferson Airplane

jimmie ray

On 1/30/2016 at 7:21 PM, Wally Hood said:

Didnt mean to get your panties in a wad Jr . and there's a superior version? LOL 

Name calling??? I'm sure I'm older than you, son. If you don't think the Ariplane is better than the latter Starship version, I can't help you.

Oh yeah?! Well my dad can beat up your dad! :rolleyes: Are you pantywad jr?:lol: 

How old were you when you 1st witnessed Led Zeppelin live and what year was it.

But really...if  i'm older than you or you're older than i ?  Whats it all mean? Dont mean sheeit.

-----------------------------------------------Off  Topic  Sheeit---------------------------------------------------------

...as for me saying Jefferson Airplane was better , i never said such a thing. I just posted that song because of Kantner's passing , scroll back " sad indeed" . Btw ....   Paul Kantner and Jefferson Starship was the name on that 1st album . Did you ever see the 1st Starship show? I did and it was fucking glorious. Who opened for them? Jefferson Airplane did , Hot Tuna was mid set  That was about 1970- 71 ( cant  remember exact date , but i do remember the mescaline , weed and badass  lightshow) in Hell Paso , Tx. 

Oh no :o more blasphemy and compared to Ariplanes version it sucks.

2 hours ago, Wally Hood said:

Paul Kantner and Jefferson Starship was the name on that 1st album . Did you ever see the 1st Starship show? I did and it was fucking glorious. Who opened for them? Jefferson Airplane did , Hot Tuna was mid set  That was about 1970- 71 ( cant  remember exact date , but i do remember the mescaline , weed and badass  lightshow) in Hell Paso , Tx. 

A very complex history to Jefferson Airplane / Starship, with no real timelines and constantly changing members. Even Grace Slick's jump from Great Society to  Jefferson Airplane was odd - as her then husband Jerry Slick formed that band, and his brother Darby wrote "Someone (Somebody) to Love". Jerry was an amateur drummer, but I enjoyed his work amid this early pschydelia none the less.

Do you remember what members referred to themselves as "Jefferson Starship" at that show? I know Grateful Dead and CSN members were contributing at that time. I believe Spencer Dryden was out by then, and Joey Covington was the new drummer. Not sure if Pappa John Creach was in, yet - but he played with all of them during this transition. Marty Balin would join Hot Tuna onstage, although their style seemed out of place for him.

Thanks!

13 hours ago, Wally Hood said:

Oh yeah?! Well my dad can beat up your dad! :rolleyes: Are you pantywad jr?:lol: 

How old were you when you 1st witnessed Led Zeppelin live and what year was it.

But really...if  i'm older than you or you're older than i ?  Whats it all mean? Dont mean sheeit.

-----------------------------------------------Off  Topic  Sheeit---------------------------------------------------------

...as for me saying Jefferson Airplane was better , i never said such a thing. I just posted that song because of Kantner's passing , scroll back " sad indeed" . Btw ....   Paul Kantner and Jefferson Starship was the name on that 1st album . Did you ever see the 1st Starship show? I did and it was fucking glorious. Who opened for them? Jefferson Airplane did , Hot Tuna was mid set  That was about 1970- 71 ( cant  remember exact date , but i do remember the mescaline , weed and badass  lightshow) in Hell Paso , Tx. 

Go argue with someone else, everyone has their OWN opinion, enjoy the Starship, I don't.

18 hours ago, jimmie ray said:

A very complex history to Jefferson Airplane / Starship, with no real timelines and constantly changing members. Even Grace Slick's jump from Great Society to  Jefferson Airplane was odd - as her then husband Jerry Slick formed that band, and his brother Darby wrote "Someone (Somebody) to Love". Jerry was an amateur drummer, but I enjoyed his work amid this early pschydelia none the less.

Do you remember what members referred to themselves as "Jefferson Starship" at that show? I know Grateful Dead and CSN members were contributing at that time. I believe Spencer Dryden was out by then, and Joey Covington was the new drummer. Not sure if Pappa John Creach was in, yet - but he played with all of them during this transition. Marty Balin would join Hot Tuna onstage, although their style seemed out of place for him.

Thanks!

As memory serves - Kantner, Slick, Covington, and Casady along with Jerry Garcia , David Freiberg , David Crosby and yes Papa John Creach , he was great. There were a few more people cause i remember Grace Slick and Kantner introducing all these folks up on stage. It was almost a surreal overload , but what a great show it was ! 

• 11 months later...

Jefferson Airplane is in my All-Time-Top 5 (together with Captain Beefheart, Doors, Counry Joe & The Fish, and The Rolling Stones).

I like their first six studio albums very much,  from 'Takes Off' (1966)  to 'Bark' (1971).

My favorite is 'After Bathing at Baxter's' ;  then 'Surrealistic Pillow';  then 'Volunteers'   desismileys_6631.gif

After Bathing at Baxter's    Mono.jpg

After Bathing at Baxter's  -  Mono.jpg

Surrealistic Pillow  Mono.jpg

Surrealistic Pillow   US-Mono II.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived