Stranded On An Island Bootleg

{djb}

Hello my fellow zepheads, this is my first post here. What do you believe to be the best overall (performance AND sound quality) available bootleg? I've been doing some hunting to add to my collection, so I was curious as to what other diehard fans consider the most essential bootleg. Yes I know there is a lot to choose from, but if you had to choose only ONE to listen to for eternity, which show would it be? 

I really dont know. There is other threads on this subject. And its really hard to make this choice. Especially when you have their entire live touring career on boot. I have every single show they have ever done, give or take a few from each year... Anyway, I really cant make this choice. Its to hard. I dont know man. I probably would choose this one, 1975-3-12 Long Beach, VERY GOOD Audience recording.  This show is really really good! Everyone is on point, really locking in to each other during songs and they really do an awesome show tonight! Dazed and Confused is so awesome! And another show would have to be.

1975.03.21 Led Zeppelin Seattle (Great Audience) Is another show i would consider. It really is an awesome show! I really got taken away with this show!

1975.02.14 Led Zeppelin Uniondale NY (SoundBoard) and this is another really great show! The last night in Uniondale. The jammin is awesome from everyone and its a really energetic show!!! But all in all, I would choose Long Beach 3-12-1975

Thanks for your input! I actually just got the long beach show today and was thinking that it may be the best boot I've come across so far! Cool that you agree, and yeah I figured that there are other threads that are covering the same subject, but fuck it? If it's really a problem I don't mind if this thread gets taken down. I also have the 2/14/75 show, how 'bout that kashmir? Fucking epic!!!

My Desert Island Bootleg? Probably the 11 June 1977 MSG show.

Is that because it's your favorite No Quarter?

This question is as hard as ever!  21 July 1973 in Providence is one I keep coming back to, so I guess I'll play it safe and choose that.  Was reading about The Song Remains the Same film recently and noticed that the plan started going into motion on 20 July...just wish Jimmy had started multi-tracking that night instead of waiting until Pittsburgh!

That would be the first one I got from my uncle around 1984 (I was 15 or 16) and he gave me his copy of Blueberry Hill 4 September 1970. I know for a fact it was purchased at Rolling Stones Records on Irving Park Road in Chicago, Illinois.

I will also have to join you on top of Blueberry Hill.  I just love this concert, the feel the vibe the medley for Whole Lotta Love as well as Communication Breakdown and of course the rare played tunes.  I have listened to this concert at least 20 times and it always leaves me feeling on top of the world.

I wouldn't hesitate a moment... Osaka 1971 Fatally Wanderer. And If the Squad would allow me to grab four more boots, I think BB Hill, Texas Pop 69, April 27 1969 Fillmore West and Listen to This, Eddie would be the travel mates to the desert island 

Just ONE!?!?  Wow, that's tough!  It would have to be a really good recording and a later show so I could get the PG and Presence tunes, '77 shows are longer too (but they do waste some time with a very long drum solo and guitar solo). I have to choose between the June 21st and 23rd..

Could we change this thread?  Nine is as low as I can reasonably go!

April 27, 1969

September 4, 1970

April 1. 1971

June 19, 1972

March 19, 1973

February 12, 1975

June 23, 1977

July 24, 1979

June 30, 1980

Granted I'm kind of new to the whole bootleg thing. I know a lot ABOUT the different shows and eras but rarely do I get the time to listen to a whole show (college student taking 17 credits). From what I have heard though, 9/23/71, and 6/25/72 are incredible. Particularly the WLL medley from Japan.

Granted I'm kind of new to the whole bootleg thing. I know a lot ABOUT the different shows and eras but rarely do I get the time to listen to a whole show (college student taking 17 credits). From what I have heard though, 9/23/71, and 6/25/72 are incredible. Particularly the WLL medley from Japan.

Try 9/19/1970 evening show while you're at it. Best medley and encores of all. 

• 3 months later...

If I had drill pointing at my kneecap and really had to make a choice of just one then I would have to opt for April 27th 1969 - Liquid Led's version. Raw, full of energy and Jimmy's playing has rarely been so clear and so energetic. I'm not a great fan of some of their 30 minutes or more 'solo's so the tightness and brevity of Avocado Blues is such that there is not one low point in the performance. Of course I love so many of  their SBD or audience shows but Avocado Blues would have to be my 'kneecap' choice.

Scan01.jpg

Well, For me, of course it 's For Badge Holders Only.  The length of the show, The fantastic sound quality and a performance with some of Jimmy's best playing ever.  Plus the setlist makes this one a must have whether you are on an island or not.

Archived