Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Bozoso73

Favorite Boot!! (Name only one)

Recommended Posts

That's my #2 right there! Don't forget both Seattle shows that week as well! Those are 4 of my favorite shows! But Vancouver 3/20/75 is my very favorite of the week/tour dispite the following night including several '75 gems. Kashmir was extremely powerful that night, and Plant's vocals were out of this world! 

I have two versions of Seattle on the 17th - 'Seattle Won't You Listen' and Liquid Led's 'Symmetry Of Power'  and two from the 21st - 'The Hammer Of The Gods' and 'What The Thunder Said' - agreed, all good stuff. I also have some remasters that Liquid Led did for the 19th and 20th using the Snowblind releases. The are called Canadian Crush Night 1 and 2. Liquid Led, as always, has done a great job but Snowblind 1 and 2 are close to my heart so they tend to get the nod. :thumbsup:

Oh forgot to say that you're right, Kashmir on the 20th is awesome. I would also pick TSRTS from the 19th, just a great version.

 

Edited by Jukkin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2016 at 9:26 PM, Jukkin said:

I have two versions of Seattle on the 17th - 'Seattle Won't You Listen' and Liquid Led's 'Symmetry Of Power'  and two from the 21st - 'The Hammer Of The Gods' and 'What The Thunder Said' - agreed, all good stuff. I also have some remasters that Liquid Led did for the 19th and 20th using the Snowblind releases. The are called Canadian Crush Night 1 and 2. Liquid Led, as always, has done a great job but Snowblind 1 and 2 are close to my heart so they tend to get the nod. :thumbsup:

Oh forgot to say that you're right, Kashmir on the 20th is awesome. I would also pick TSRTS from the 19th, just a great version.

 

I'm going to have to give the Canadian Crush release a listen! I've only listened to Snow Jobs & Snowblind in the past, and they sound great obviously but definitely brickwalled. I really wish they had decided to film the shows this week or at least the 2nd Vancouver & 2nd Seattle show! Those would certainly be something to see! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3 January 2016 at 0:26 PM, Jukkin said:

I have two versions of Seattle on the 17th - 'Seattle Won't You Listen' and Liquid Led's 'Symmetry Of Power'  and two from the 21st - 'The Hammer Of The Gods' and 'What The Thunder Said' - agreed, all good stuff. I also have some remasters that Liquid Led did for the 19th and 20th using the Snowblind releases. The are called Canadian Crush Night 1 and 2. Liquid Led, as always, has done a great job but Snowblind 1 and 2 are close to my heart so they tend to get the nod. :thumbsup:

Oh forgot to say that you're right, Kashmir on the 20th is awesome. I would also pick TSRTS from the 19th, just a great version.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, you're right. Kashmir on the 20th is superb. Thunderous bass drum. Heavy guitar. Just a pity the guitar fades in and out towards the end when jimmy is soloing. 

Personally, I would pick Eddie...due to the breadth of material, the energy of the performance, the quality of the sound....it's real heavy. 

Close second for me is the Texas International Pop Festival in 69. Terrific performance. 

Aah now that's better. First post on the forum done and dusted. I've got 30 boots and counting. Looking forward to many more!!!

Cheers 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LISTEN TO THIS EDDIE ...--6/21/1977  L.A.FORUM HANDS DOWN ONE OF THE BEST CONCERTS LED ZEPPELIN EVER PERFORMED-NO-DOUBT THIS CONCERT IS A SONIC ASSULT FROM START TO FINISH ALL 4-FIRING ON ALL CYLINDERS JIMMY NEED'S TO RELEASE THIS SHOW, ACTUALLY HE SHOULD RELEASE THE WHOLE 6-NIGHT L.A.FORUM CONCERT'S & HE SHOULD ALSO RELEASE ALL 6-NIGHT MADISON SQUARE GARDEN CONCERTS BOTH FROM JUNE 1977 ......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me to listen to one concert forever I'm gonna go with  2/3/1975 New York just for the hilarious commentary by the stoned out tapers, not to mention a high energy performance by the lads. 

I feel as if I know the guys and the sound is really pretty good for an audience tape.

You can put on the headphones, turn it up to loud, close your eyes and "inhale" the awesome music and circus like atmosphere in the crowd, and you are there with Artie, beer and smoke in hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, No Quota said:

For me to listen to one concert forever I'm gonna go with  2/3/1975 New York just for the hilarious commentary by the stoned out tapers, not to mention a high energy performance by the lads.

I feel as if I know the guys and the sound is really pretty good for an audience tape.

You can put on the headphones, turn it up to loud, close your eyes and "inhale" the awesome music and circus like atmosphere in the crowd, and you are there with Artie, beer and smoke in hand.

Really-2-3 over 2-12??? i am going to give another listen, it's been a long-long time since i've listened to this show!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, soccer5 said:

Really-2-3 over 2-12??? i am going to give another listen, it's been a long-long time since i've listened to this show!

Admittedly 2-12 is a fantastic sounding recording especially with the matrix versions.

If 2-12 is a "10" sound wise, I'd give 2-3 a "7".

I just enjoy the crowd and comedy. From the first line the taper says "@uck the sodas man, light up the jay" I was laughing as much as loving the music.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, No Quota said:

Admittedly 2-12 is a fantastic sounding recording especially with the matrix versions.

If 2-12 is a "10" sound wise, I'd give 2-3 a "7".

I just enjoy the crowd and comedy. From the first line the taper says "@uck the sodas man, light up the jay" I was laughing as much as loving the music.

i agree the crowd and comedy is amusing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me LTTE Winston Remaster 6/21/77.  I just got this version and WOW!!!  It's like an official realize.  I've been wearing out my empress valley version but no more.  

Top 3 island boots:

6/21/77

2/12/75

8/31/71

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/02/2016 at 3:42 PM, Sue Dounim said:

my personal remaster of 1977/06/27. Not my favorite show ever but for me its the perfect compromise of sound and performance as well as song choice. Plus its the longest LZ show in existence

6/27 used to be one of my favorites of that June LA run but now I listen to the 6/25 more. And for a single desert island disc, to listen to over and over, I'd still take 6/21/77. Or 9/29/71, depending on my mood. My choice changes each year. So I'd probably sneak in 9/29 and listen to both.

Enjoy your posts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×