Classic Album: Welcome To My Nightmare by Alice Cooper
The Showman: Noddy Holder
The Maestro: Joe Satriani
Tommy Vance Inspiration Award: Jimi Hendrix
The VIP: Rod MacSween
Outstanding Contribution: Nils Lofgren
Living Legends: Queen

Classic-Rock-Awards-2015-Filippo-LAstori

Once again, a stellar line-up of rock royalty attended the Classic Rock Awards to celebrate what has been an incredible 12 months of music.

The evening's guests of honor and recipients of the Living Legend Award were Queen, whose song Bohemian Rhapsody first charted on November 8, 1975, 40 years ago to the week of the Awards.

Their enigmatic frontman, Freddie Mercury, was one of the greatest of all time. His vocal range and musical vision was unique, and alongside the unmistakable guitar playing of Brian May, Roger Taylor’s thunderous drumming and John Deacon's incredible bass lines, Queen became one of the UK's greatest musical exports ever. Having sold in excess of 150 million albums, they have the unprecedented achievement of all four members being responsible for composing worldwide No.1 hits including We Will Rock You, We Are The Champions, Another One Bites The Dust, Radio Ga Ga and Under Pressure.

The award was presented to Brian May by Joe Satriani. Previous winners of the Living Legend Award include Jeff Beck, Alice Cooper, Jimmy Page, Lemmy Kilmister, Ozzy Osbourne, Iggy Pop, Gregg Allman and ZZ Top.

http://www.music-news.com/news/UK/93567/Brian-May-picks-up-Living-Legend-Award-for-Queen-at-Classic-Rock-Awards

I bet many people thought he had "a twinkle in his eye" over the last 15 years he's been talking this bullshit about a solo album/project/tour, 

does he really expect anyone to still believe him after all this time? Last year he said that by the end of this year he would be ready to go, and now it's put back to the end of next year. he said the same thing when the rereleased TSRTS came out and many other times. And next year he'll have developed some new reason for why it won't happen next year either

The man's a serial bullshitter and is wasting everyone's time. I wish an interviewer would call him up in this but I expect they can't because he'll refuse to that magazine/radio station etc again. Let him explain his "plans" then say  "really Jimmy? You've said this nearly every year for 15 years yet you never do it"

Archived