SEATTLE TRIBUTE TO JIMMY PAGE

truth and beauty

Thank you for posting this!

I'm so glad he did it! The band-aid ripped off and up on the stage he went on a whim.

I hope we get to hear a follow up interview with Jimmy on how he was feeling when the night was over.
Did this rejuvenate him, give him a new energy? I wonder if this convinced him he isn't finished playing
live? So many thoughts racing through his mind I'd imagine. I hope he shares some of those with us.

It's no secret he's rusty- so what though?! His adventure on stage wasn't rehearsed. His focus hasn't been
on playing live the last couple of years. That's expected given so much of his time has been devoted to the
re-issues and not actually taking a time out to sit down and play.

Well time will tell on what last nights event meant. Whether it was honoring Jimmy Page alone, or if it sparked
something inside of him.

Final thought. The fan girl in my adores seeing that smile..:wub:

25JimmyPageNMEAwards2015DEANCHALKLEY.art

^ LMAO!!!!

How great to see him on a stage playing. Thanks for the videos and the articles.  I of course had to smile with Paul being there, made it even more great:-)

He really looked like he was having a great time with the same facial expressions while playing..as in the past.  :thumbsup:  

Fantastic to see Jimmy playing again, and at what 71, 72 years old?! With no rose colored glasses on he looked spry to me. I didn't see anything in his face or body movement that would betray something like sleep walking his way through the performance.

With a little rehearsing I think he's back in business. Rock it Jimmy!:yourock:

...and thus the starving masses were satiated with a bread crumb.

How poetIc.. It's a small step. Not the second coming. But it's possibly a sign of bigger things coming.  Maybe even a whole loaf of bread.

Everyone calling b******* on him because he has said he wanted to be seen playing ... and there he was.. as promised.

How poetIc.. It's a small step. Not the second coming. But it's possibly a sign of bigger things coming.  Maybe even a whole loaf of bread.

Everyone calling b******* on him because he has said he wanted to be seen playing ... and there he was.. as promised.

Well I think what JP was saying was "be seen playing as part of a tour", not "be seen playing once every three or 4 years for one song at a time".  It is a bread crumb....we can only hope more is coming, and soon.  The years are going to overtake you Mr. Page, time is of the essence. 

Well I think what JP was saying was "be seen playing as part of a tour", not "be seen playing once every three or 4 years for one song at a time".  It is a bread crumb....we can only hope more is coming, and soon.  The years are going to overtake you Mr. Page, time is of the essence. 

i said i think it was a small step that will hopefully lead to bigger things. Being seen playing on a tour would be great. This is hopefully a first step towards that goal and it should hopefully make some people back off a little.

I'm just a little sick of seeing him get treated so disrespectfully on his own bands webpage..Some Fans have basically been calling him a liar.

He's been far busier than I would ever be as a going on 72 year old multimillionaire..

Led Zeppelin comes first for Page... at the expense of a solo album or tour or whatever. I won't ever hold that against him.

as far as I'm concerned, he is sticking to his word.. More to come.

It may not be much, but at least we know he is willing to play on stage again, and that he can still play at all.

I didn't realize either was in doubt.

Seemed to be enjoying himself, strumming a Led Zeppelin song. I'm sure the attendees were electrified.

This is hopefully a first step towards that goal and it should hopefully make some people back off a little.

A five minute jam doesn't merit much reprieve from me, but it is a step in the right direction for certain. So long as he continues alluding to doing something year after year we can expect others to also weigh in on it.

I didn't realize either was in doubt.

Seemed to be enjoying himself, strumming a Led Zeppelin song. I'm sure the attendees were electrified.

A five minute jam doesn't merit much reprieve from me, but it is a step in the right direction for certain. So long as he continues alluding to doing something year after year we can expect others to also weigh in on it.

Bang on the money. Page has created the monkey on his back, by promising a tour and album for years, not the fans.

Paul Rodgers is still incredible! Have just heard some of the other songs he performed during the tribute show. 

How great to see him onstage with Jimmy once again. Apparently, during a performance on tour last week Paul mentioned from the stage he was looking forward to seeing Jimmy in Seattle:

Another treat was a mid-show double-dose of songs Rodgers wrote with Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page for their short-lived mid-80s band The Firm. Rodgers told the crowd he was on the way to Seattle to meet up with Page later this week at a celebration for the guitarist at the Experience Music Project, and then proceeded to lead his band through The Firm's bluesy slow-burner "Satisfaction Guaranteed" and rollicking "Radioactive," with guitarist Howard Leese (longtime Heart guitarist) ably filling in for Page's distinct riffing. In fact Leese proved an MVP all night, delivering excellent lead guitar parts on everything from ballads to raucous rockers.   

http://www.inlander.com/Bloglander/archives/2015/11/16/concert-review-paul-rodgers-delivers-four-decades-of-hits-in-one-spokane-night

This from Paul Rodgers earlier today...

A magical night at the EMP Museum in Seattle when Jimmy Page took to the stage. He surprised everyone. Not in this photo but Paul Allen founder of the EMP also joined in on guitar and we jammed on Led Zeppelin's song Rock & Roll. The event raised close to a million dollars for the kids music programs at the EMP.A Rock and Roll Experience for sure.- Paul

Bang on the money. Page has created the monkey on his back, by promising a tour and album for years, not the fans.

The only monkey on his back has been his responsibility to keep Led Zeppelin's music up with current technology / standards ... Nobody else was about to do it.. 

He probably assumed his fans would understand his priorities.

The only monkey on his back has been his responsibility to keep Led Zeppelin's music up with current technology / standards ... Nobody else was about to do it.. 

Clearly you're a Page apologist, I get it, and that's all well and good but c'mon man! You can't be keeping a straight face when you openly suggest a "responsibility to Led Zeppelin's music" explains a 15 year hiatus. 

Sigh. I bet you're looking forward to the remasters of the remasters of the remasters of the remasters. Wow, that hi-hat is 0.0001 per cent clearer.

In the time it took him to fly to Seattle and do this he could have been in a studio in London jamming with some musicians.

Archived