20 Days

redrum

Lovely to hear continuing good news and progress about Gina, redrum.  Thanks for sharing, and may the ongoing prayers and good vibes strengthen her all the more :) Even though she still has some way to go, Gina's turn for the better is so uplifting. 

Latest update from Gina's friend Sherri. We're all very happy to hear this.

Hey everybody, I know post are getting fewer and fewer and I'm sorry for that. I'm just very busy with life, work, art. Gina is getting much better, she is now fully awake and she is more herself each time I see her. She still has right side paralysis and has not had opportunity to walk yet, she will be looking to have another operation to replace her boneflap soon and then removal of the trec, which will allow for more progressive healing and along with physical therapy. When I see her again I will inquire about visitors. I think prayers have truly worked a miracle.

• 2 months later...

Update from a Facebook friend- it appears if I don't update no one will, how much of this Gina would be ok with has me confused about even giving updates. I feel like I'm betraying her privacy I do. Gina is alive breathing on her own no more triciotomy, she cannot talk she has very little cognitive skills when it comes to language . She has a disconnect to that part of her brain. Which appears to be quite common. Will it get better I believe it will, I truly believe it. Therapy has started and it's county level so it's not aggressive , not nearly what she needs.

Her ride side has some paralysis but she can feel and has started to take a few steps and is moving from bed to chair, to walker with little assistance but she is observed. She is there, in there she is cognitively aware of who you are what she wants to say but cannot communicate anything but some very common phrases she repeats it is very frustrating for her. In the next few weeks they will looking to have her moved to a facility that Wil give her more aggressive therapy. She (today) is not the same Gina its heartbreaking for her and for all but God and Gina can change this....I hope that someone else will post updates because as I said I don't feel ok doing this anymore....I just feel she would be upset I don't know ...this is a life changing event for her and her children.

She does seem to be coming along, but we know it will be a long road.

Archived