31 disc Earls Court set by Empress Valley!

lololabrute

Plus, 4 discs per show would only be 20 discs - where are the other 11 coming from? :blink: 

Wondering if there will be any other soundboard recordings coming out with this release?

the audience tapes available for May 24 and 25. Matrixes, maybe?  OK that gives us 8 more discs

Plus, 4 discs per show would only be 20 discs - where are the other 11 coming from? :blink: 

Wondering if there will be any other soundboard recordings coming out with this release?

It will be the Audience recordings as well. The 18th is great quality of course. I used to have the Red Devil Vinyl until I auctioned it for Jimmys charity

This is the information I have received:

Coming soon is special deluxe 40th anniversary 31 CDs (!) boxed set of five Earl's Court Arena May 1975 shows sourced from upgraded and previously unreleased audience and soundboard sources. This extremely limited box set is an upgrade of the 22CD set released in 2002 and is the most definitive version of these memorable shows so far! The boxed set contains the following:

- May 17: audience source mix

- May 18: audience source mix

- May 18 bonus discs: No Quarter LP source & another audience source

- May 23: audience source mix

- May 24: soundboard source

- May 24: audience source mix

- May 24 bonus discs: previously unreleased audience source

- May 25: soundboard source

- May 25: audience source mix

- May 25 bonus disc: previously unreleased audience source & Soundboard Revolution content 

All five dates are sourced from much upgraded tape sources known from previous releases and quality is much better as they're fresh tape transfers. For each date at least two audience tape sources have been applied to make a definitive version of each show. Special Soundboard Revolution content contains cleaned up and upgraded superb quality soundboard sources completed by available audience tape sources in places, where original soundboard isn't available.

I guess people were right in previous post.   It does not look all that super dooper especially with a $699+ price tag

Are some of the last 2 nights in 5.1 Surround Stereo from the DVD mix ?    If that's the case, then Empress Valley is not a true upgraded superb quality.

Back of the official DVD says ~

L-PCM Stereo
Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound
DTS 5.1 Surround Sound

Still looks quite interesting to me. Obviously I do not have $699 but will download it for sure as soon as it will appear somewhere over the friendly forums. If EV upgraded all 5 dates, then it's something worth of attention as I remember clearily 22cd set is full of mistakes and their EQ is hard to swallow at times. So nothing to complain yet, boys! It's always better to get something than nothing.

I assume it will be a silk lined box with a free embroidered hat, and hand delivered to your door on a velvet cushion on a silver tray......

How about a long box with hinged open shell, promo t-shirt, programme replica and large booklet w/high quality photos taken from latest Dave Lewis' book?

How about a long box with hinged open shell, promo t-shirt, programme replica and large booklet w/high quality photos taken from latest Dave Lewis' book?

Well I just listen to the music, so if there are 'extras' to help justify the price, then I guess I'm not the target audience. Apart from Great Chicago Fire Box (which I actually got for nothing by trading some spare live stuff) the price tag is waaaay out of my league.

Archived