Unused tickets

Dommmo

Wondering if anyone has any insight on the value and interest of Led  Zeppelin's last concert played in the U.S.A. with all 4  original  members?

I have 1 unused ticket  from Oakland,  California,  July 23, 1977 in mint condition.

Thanks.

20151205_042800.jpg

while im sure it varies from show to show, condition of the ticket, the buyer ect... I have been watching an unused ticket in perfect condition from 1969 that has been on ebay for as long as I can remember. well over five years priced around $300. your result may vary.

Ok, thanks.

I have yet to see many out there, do you know of any history of sales of such tickets? 

Thanks,

Dominic 

Generally speaking, Led Zeppelin tickets (stubs and complete) are highly collectible and there are some collector's who specialize/focus their interests in this particular field. I've seen some sell for several hundred dollars, and I've seen some sell for as little as $50.00 (tickets to the cancelled date at Chicago Stadium in 1980 were purchased in bulk and later offered for sale on the secondary market).

There is arguably only one negative aspect to your 7/23/77 ticket and that is that it's in what is sometimes called the Ticketron format. This means it displays computer generated text as opposed to more unique graphics. Some hard core ticket collectors dislike the Ticketron format tickets to the point of not collecting them, but most ticket collectors do seek to collect them, especially as for many shows it's the only style that was made available.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ticketron

Be sure to check out the many tickets presented in the timeline gallery. Some are quite extraordinary and unique.  

while im sure it varies from show to show, condition of the ticket, the buyer ect... I have been watching an unused ticket in perfect condition from 1969 that has been on ebay for as long as I can remember. well over five years priced around $300. your result may vary.

Unused tickets to the San Francisco 1969 shows were discovered in bulk and made available to the secondary market through Wolfgang's Vault, among other outlets. It is for this reason - supply vs. demand - that those are hard to sell for more than $75 to $100. 

That's why I LOVE the tickets from the 1980 Euro tour. Each Zeppelin ticket was really unique, I only have a Seattle 77 ticket (and all my stubs from every gig I've seen - starting with Robert Plant in 1983) and have been searching for the Reykjavik ticket forever. Last one I saw sold on eBay was for (approx) $500 USD. A bit out of reach for me these days. 

Scan 122700034.jpg

Thanks  for the info. 

I was thinking the value of my ticket may be worth some good value due to it being the last venue ever in U.S., also this was the same day Led  Zeppelins security and promoter Bill Grahams people had the brawl back stage in a trailer. You never know? 

Dominic 

20151205_042800.jpg

Thanks  for the info. 

I was thinking the value of my ticket may be worth some good value due to it being the last venue ever in U.S., also this was the same day Led  Zeppelins security and promoter Bill Grahams people had the brawl back stage in a trailer. You never know? 

Dominic 

Yes, ultimately an item is worth what someone is willing to pay for it despite a precedent or the current market value. 

That's why I LOVE the tickets from the 1980 Euro tour. Each Zeppelin ticket was really unique, I only have a Seattle 77 ticket (and all my stubs from every gig I've seen - starting with Robert Plant in 1983) and have been searching for the Reykjavik ticket forever. Last one I saw sold on eBay was for (approx) $500 USD. A bit out of reach for me these days. 

Scan 122700034.jpg

Wow! I have this same ticket stub!

Just out of curiosity (i'm a complete neophyte when it comes to this sort of thing), how does one go about going to sites to obtain a genuine ticket stub? Do you just continually check eBay or are there other sites to go to? Any suggestions? Only interested in two (the only two Led Zeppelin shows i actually attended). One would be Atlanta 1973 (great show) and the other one was the aborted Nuremberg 1980 show when I was stationed over in Nuremberg, Germany at the time. Both have great memories for me. Any help would be appreciated. 

• 2 years later...

There were quite of few unused tickets (mostly BASS version) for the 77' Oakland show, even though it was sold out because Bill Graham withheld a bunch to sell at the door to mess with the scalpers. I know because my buddy sold two Sunday tickets for just a couple of bucks rather than give them to me and my 7-1/2 month pregnant wife, so we sat in the parking lot and listened. (Long story) Saturdays show was great though! There were a lot of these just laying around on the ground after the shows, wish I had grabbed a bunch. There is this Ticketron version that I do have one of. that was sold outside of the Bay Area, I don't know how many of these were sold or how much they might be worth these days. Anybody know anything about this one, or it's value?

CCF_000001(1)_PageA.jpg

TICKET BACK-B.jpg

Edited by MRBILL
Image change

I agree with Steve anywhere between $150 to $225 and his estimate is a good idea.  Now for the cool part of the post.  I also have an unused 07/23/77 ticket.  It's the next sequential number.  The tickets were most likely purchased together.  I tried to take an image utilizing a mirror.  Hopefully you can make out the 139719.  I also have an unused 07/24/77 as well.

072317myticket25c_zpsxdxp6dd2.jpg

Robert

www.anextranickel.com

Edited by Sems Fir

I've seen some ragity tickets sell for pretty penny.

Considering the condition and one of last shows adds value.   Those popular Chicago tickets seem to have no real value and mass flood of them.

It could be worth $500 on it's 50th Anniversary... but chances of many fans being alive that time are slim and dwindling numbers.