7.19.73. .what happened to Percy?

Bozoso73

Plant talks about it 2 years later when they returned to Vancouver (between Rain Song and Kashmir during the 2nd gig on the 20th). "If I ever find the gentlemen.. Terrible, bad news. However I found the light show to be amazing that night and was wondering what the band was who was playing..". 

I never bought the spiked drink story. Plant was already complaining about being tired at the beginning of the Vancouver show, and they also skipped the song remains the same and the rain song. They made it all the way through to the end of Stairway, which was the last song of the main set. So fwiw they did actually finish the show. They just shortened the set and skipped the encores. I think Plant was just exhausted from the constant touring and they used the spike excuse to save face.

I never bought the spiked drink story. Plant was already complaining about being tired at the beginning of the Vancouver show, and they also skipped the song remains the same and the rain song. They made it all the way through to the end of Stairway, which was the last song of the main set. So fwiw they did actually finish the show. They just shortened the set and skipped the encores. I think Plant was just exhausted from the constant touring and they used the spike excuse to save face.

Either that, or the potency of whatever was consumed was uneven and Mr Plant copped the more "soaked" end.

From the Seattle '77 show:

"Vancouver is a terrible place to get SPIKED, but a wonderful place to play!"

One listen to the Vancouver '73 show and you can tell Plant is not all there..."I'll take dosed for $200, Alex."

Probably one of the worst fucking things you can do to somebody, by the way, spiking their drink with acid (or any other drug, for that matter)

Probably one of the worst fucking things you can do to somebody, by the way, spiking their drink with acid (or any other drug, for that matter)

Too damn right. Instant beating when caught. NEVER "fun" or a good idea.

Archived