Tangerine - best live version

Xolo1974

Hi all.

Recently started collecting boots. I'm trying to get hold of a boot from 71/72 that has a good quality sounding version of tangerine. It's a brilliant tune. And I love the bare bones arrangement that they performed around this time. 

The ones I have so far, the sound quality is pretty crappy. Just want to hear what people's views are on what the best quality recording is. 

Appreciate any help. 

Cheers, have a good day. 

The best sounding acoustic version is on the classic (multi track AKA stage) recording from Osaka 929. I was never fond of the more bombastic arrangments such as Earl's Court, but that is highly subjective. Tangerine is indeed a thing of beauty 

15 hours ago, duckman said:

The best sounding acoustic version is on the classic (multi track AKA stage) recording from Osaka 929. I was never fond of the more bombastic arrangments such as Earl's Court, but that is highly subjective. Tangerine is indeed a thing of beauty 

Hey buddy. Got it. Got the Fatally Wanderer version. Listened to the whole gig last night. Awesome. Thanks for the tip

1 hour ago, JohnOsbourne said:

This is a great song, no doubt.  Hands-down, the best version is from the 4th night at Earl's Court (May 24th 1975).  Flawless performance, soundboard quality. 

I agree 100%, but he's specifically looking for early performances of Tangerine from 1971-1972. 

Anyway, listen to Tokyo - September 24, 1971. It's the very first love performance of Tangerine, and the recording is very good and a solid first performance of the song!

44 minutes ago, nick2632 said:

I agree 100%, but he's specifically looking for early performances of Tangerine from 1971-1972. 

Anyway, listen to Tokyo - September 24, 1971. It's the very first love performance of Tangerine, and the recording is very good and a solid first performance of the song!

Ah yes, you're right;  sorry, didn't read closely enough. 

7 hours ago, nick2632 said:

Yeah thanks bud. Checked it out - it's good. Better than Osaka I reckon 

Archived