looking for info on this 1972 forum vinyl bootleg

findersthrift

I was wondering if anyone could give me info on this double album bootleg.  I know it was made by trademark of quality.  I'm wondering when it was made? How many pressings, etc.  anything would help.  I can't seem to find another copy of it or the same set list on cd.  It's not HTWWW because stairway is way later in the set.  It's the start of side 3.  The dead wax just says LZ1, LZ2, LZ3, LZ4  I'm not up to speed on bootlegs, but If i was guessing, I'd say it was a soundboard recording.  I can here some people in the BG, but they sound fairly far away.  It's an amazing concert!  Thanks in advance.

IMG_5686.jpg

IMG_5687.jpg

Does it have that weird drone intro before Immigrant Song or does it blast straight in? Going To California is a great sounding show but incomplete. There is no way the 1972 show could fit on 8 sides anyway. By the way it does have a cracking Whole Lotta Love

It starts with the main chord and plant doing the ahhhh hhaaaa. We come from the land of ice and snow". Crazy long guitar solo then  Plant kicks in about briefly and than talks about "you should have come last night. Last night there were several something low something beatniks. You remember the last album right?"  Into heartbreaker.  There is a kickover in the guitar solo when the sound drops for 5 sec than picks up. Don't think it's a switch to stereo. There is a switch during heartbreaker. 

51 minutes ago, findersthrift said:

It starts with the main chord and plant doing the ahhhh hhaaaa. We come from the land of ice and snow". Crazy long guitar solo then  Plant kicks in about briefly and than talks about "you should have come last night. Last night there were several something low something beatniks. You remember the last album right?"  Into heartbreaker.  There is a kickover in the guitar solo when the sound drops for 5 sec than picks up. Don't think it's a switch to stereo. There is a switch during heartbreaker. 

Yeah, then it's the Berkeley show. The record got mislabeled as being from the forum since the moment it came out. Great show btw, I also have it on vinyl.

16 hours ago, findersthrift said:

I was wondering if anyone could give me info on this double album bootleg.  I know it was made by trademark of quality.  I'm wondering when it was made? How many pressings, etc.  anything would help.  I can't seem to find another copy of it or the same set list on cd.  It's not HTWWW because stairway is way later in the set.  It's the start of side 3.  The dead wax just says LZ1, LZ2, LZ3, LZ4  I'm not up to speed on bootlegs, but If i was guessing, I'd say it was a soundboard recording.  I can here some people in the BG, but they sound fairly far away.  It's an amazing concert!  Thanks in advance.

IMG_5686.jpg

IMG_5687.jpg

This is a CD replica similar to what your LP sleeve should look like, the track titles would have been typed onto a loose sheet of A4 paper.

california_2daze_f.jpg

Just to finish this posting.....

The inlays to the vinyl:

The first one was included with the pressings by the old TMOQ (with the entire pig on the label.....

The second is most likely the inlay that belongs to your edition of the record:

going_to_california_2_f.jpg

going_to_california_f.jpg

2 hours ago, reswati said:

Just to finish this posting.....

The inlays to the vinyl:

The first one was included with the pressings by the old TMOQ (with the entire pig on the label.....

The second is most likely the inlay that belongs to your edition of the record:

going_to_california_2_f.jpg

going_to_california_f.jpg

Cheers,  could not find these two earlier.

Archived