Death Wish 2 City Sirens need help

yoyoyojo

I am trying to learn to play City Sirens from the Death Wish 2 sound track.  I am unfortunately not very good at figuring out guitar parts.

Has anyone ever seen any tabs, standard notation or video lessons regarding this song.  Alternatively does anyone here know how to play this song and wouldn't mind providing some pointers.  

Listening to it there's not that much to it, but even something like the intro and the little fills give me challenge.

23 hours ago, in_the_evening said:

Wow, I figured SOME tab site would have this.....but nooooo.  Hopefully someone on here can help, or hit up some JP fan sites!

• It's  a great tune.

My theory on guitar tabs is that a lot of effort was made by a few good souls when the internet was newish (i.e. 80's-90's) and since more and more of us are too lazy (or unskilled) to add to what is there.  I am often surprised how things that just a tiny bit obscure are not really explored even for very popular guitar players.

If I can get this down I will put together a txt tab page for it and upload it.  

22 hours ago, bluecongo said:

Essentially the song is 3 chords.  G D and A

so that main riff is like 

GGGGDDAA G

D A

GGGG

DADA

etc etc and so on

Thanks for the start and this confirms some of what I put together last night.  My problems is I get caught up in the details, especially all the little fills and melodies.  Keep the ideas coming and I will report back as I learn.

22 hours ago, The Only Way To Fly said:

Dang I need to get that soundtrack - that track is killer and watching Page perform it live is a real treat! 

It boggles my mind that in 2016 with instant publishing this is an obscure out of print CD.  It can be had on Amazon, but i saw it for $30.  I bought mine awhile back and paid a pretty penny for it.  The more I listen to it the better it sounds.  End-to-end it beats out Outrider and I think I am liking it better than the firm.

I wish Jimmy would put out something new like this again, time he moves on from the Zep reissues.  His playing sounds SO freak'n good on these type of songs.

Ah, just remember that on the soundtrack Page is mixing a few guitars together at certain points, as you have also

noticed how the live version certain sections are not as full. That live solo is pretty advanced, Page is using his B-Bender

and his technique is up there, he's jumping all over the neck, not sloppy at all. I stink at computers otherwise I would

tab it out, I have an iPad , and to upload things,etc., can be a nightmare. Well good luck.

On 2/28/2016 at 11:48 PM, yoyoyojo said:

I am trying to learn to play City Sirens from the Death Wish 2 sound track.  I am unfortunately not very good at figuring out guitar parts.

Has anyone ever seen any tabs, standard notation or video lessons regarding this song.  Alternatively does anyone here know how to play this song and wouldn't mind providing some pointers.  

Listening to it there's not that much to it, but even something like the intro and the little fills give me challenge.

Watch the version with Paul Rodgers from the MSG ARMS show. You see some brilliant clear shots of Page's hands during the first verse.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/20/2016 at 6:30 AM, bluecongo said:

Thx if you get stuck on anything else, lemme know.  I basically can play everything Jimmy related.

Wow what can I say!  I asked and I received.  Much love to you man, seriously I got a tear in my eye right now.  God bless.  So simple yet somehow I needed help.  Thanks a million times over.

Archived