2016 NFL Thread

Walter

20 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Sometimes getting it wrong?  Are you for real?  With the millions of dollars being paid out and bet?  Are you for real?  That is a dumb statement.  Dumb.  Get over it?  Yea ok.  Its all dandy when Dallas is winning isn't it?  Until they get screwed and sent home on one of these calls.  Lets see what tune you sing then.  

And you Strider.  Do you not realize that those game are in reverse order?  They are in Houston and in Baltimore homer.

No what's dumb is placing money on something you have no control over.  That's why you can't get over it.  It's a fucking game.  

4 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Before this season started, I thought Bortles showed the most potential of the younger quarterbacks.  His 2nd year showed progress, and I figured that he would move along accordingly.  Boy was I wrong.  His game is in shambles.  He admitted as much early in the season, all the way down to his release of the football.  Don't know the details as far as which quarterback guru he's currently working with, but the off-season begs for a change.  Back to fundamentals and such.  Of course he's also running for his life, which isn't helping any.

My Lions face three tough ones in a row....Giants, Cowboys, and Packers, and we get to do it with a three-fingered Jake as our quarterback.  Suddenly I smell paper Lions instead of growling ones.  Should be interesting.  No running game...2 sacks in November....not really sure how we're pulling this off to start with.     No complaints here....9-4 is better than 4-9.  Beats being out of the mix before the leaves fall.

Yep.  I bought into Bortles this year too.  Dead wrong.

Stafford is definitely MVP caliber this season.  He has seriously made some chicken salad with what he has been given. 

7 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Tonight's game could be another forgettable one, or maybe the Rams--for whatever odd reasons--have the Seahawks number. I guess we'll find out shortly....

Those Seahawks uniforms have to be the ugliest damned things ever.

18 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Before this season started, I thought Bortles showed the most potential of the younger quarterbacks.  His 2nd year showed progress, and I figured that he would move along accordingly.  Boy was I wrong.  His game is in shambles.  He admitted as much early in the season, all the way down to his release of the football.  Don't know the details as far as which quarterback guru he's currently working with, but the off-season begs for a change.  Back to fundamentals and such.  Of course he's also running for his life, which isn't helping any.

My Lions face three tough ones in a row....Giants, Cowboys, and Packers, and we get to do it with a three-fingered Jake as our quarterback.  Suddenly I smell paper Lions instead of growling ones.  Should be interesting.  No running game...2 sacks in November....not really sure how we're pulling this off to start with.     No complaints here....9-4 is better than 4-9.  Beats being out of the mix before the leaves fall.

They only need to win one.   Maybe they would be smarter to rest Stafford if he can recover for the Giants game?  But Vegas is giving them plenty of respect.  They went from +5 1/2 to 3 1/2.  Hope they beat the Giants.  I say they will beat Green Bay at home because look at what the Lions defense has done.  Went into NO and shut them down.  9-4 sure is good.  And they should take this division, but like you say, 3 tough games.  They may prefer the less cold of Dallas to the cold weather that will be in NY this weekend?  Not sure.  If they can get Stafford's finger better I rest him.  Or is it something that needs surgery and will take the off season?  I do not know.   I hope and I am sure he can throw or he would not be playing 

38 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

It almost slipped my mind that there's a game on tonight--or that the Jets are on in primetime again. Something else that makes my stomach turn a little bit...

dizzy-smiley-emoticon.gif

I agree.  Its ridiculous.  Why are the stinking Jets on?   I picked Miami and bet them on a parlay.  I am pretty confident they will beat the Jets but not enough to put my win 9 on it on 5 dimes.  I am sweating out a hockey game instead.  Tomorrow, I am leaning toward Baltimore for my pick

Going for the big ten in a row on 5 dimes betting contest.  I have 9 in a row vs the spread in Hockey mostly.  I took Atlanta -13 1/2 over SF to win $500

I am not buying this Miami Dolphins crap.   They beat a very bad Jets team.  lets see what they do in Buffalo and at NE (if NE does not sit all of their starters for that game? Possible).  I am not sold they will win in Buffalo if the Bills are still alive?  We wont know unless NE stumbles in Denver.  I am told  we need Denver to lose?  I am picking New England to win that because they want pay back vs Denver for last year. 

On 12/16/2016 at 0:28 AM, redrum said:

Those Seahawks uniforms have to be the ugliest damned things ever.

All the Thursday night game uniforms are the ugliest damned things ever. Richard Sherman is right...Thursday football is a sham. A sham of a mockery of a sham.

Adding to the ridiculousness is how they broadcast the Saturday night game under the Thursday Night banner. WTF! That doesn't even make sense.

2 hours ago, Strider said:

All the Thursday night game uniforms are the ugliest damned things ever. Richard Sherman is right...Thursday football is a sham. A sham of a mockery of a sham.

Adding to the ridiculousness is how they broadcast the Saturday night game under the Thursday Night banner. WTF! That doesn't even make sense.

EVER!!!

21-0 Atl...

Tennessee knocking off KC, Denver in a scrap with NE.  Raiders losing to SD.  Miami 9-5.  AFC is getting wild! 

Giants do in the Lions.  Pack come back to beat Chicago.  Minnesota can't score points.  NFC predictable.... 

Archived