2016 NFL Thread

Walter

2 hours ago, redrum said:

The noisy fucks in Seattle are the same, though.

True!  But that didn't help against Arizona.  I still think Detroit doesn't have enough weapons to knock off Seattle in Seattle.  16-10 is my prediction in that game.

4 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

His decision to bring his stupid brother in sealed his fate.  And the Bills fate.  I do not like the guy that got greased by the Jets yesterday.  That game should be his walking ticket.  The Rams are going  to interview him.  Marrone is the smart choice for the Rams and I have no idea still why he walked out on us.  Being the smallest market I think maybe the pay was part of it.  But he was at least a head coach.  I am not sure Rex Ryan will coach again?  It will not be in NY State. I believe at least 6 vacancies exist and maybe 7 depending on what Indy does.  I  am not sure what they will do?  Just look at the job Marrone did in two weeks in Jacksonville.  A win and then almost two wins.  With a team that was what, 2-11?  Marrone is good.  I do hate the prick for him walking on us especially since he had a good thing going. He went 9-7 with EJ and before Tyrod was ever on board.  I say EJ is gone after yesterday.  I think we have to keep Tyrod.  He gives the Bills a shot to win with McCoy and Watkins.  Build the offensive line and fix the defense.  The coach can fix the defense quickly if they get a cornerback and get rid of fucking Gilmore's sorry ass.

I am taking the Raiders with 3 points over the Texans if George Plimpton is the QB.  And Under.  And taking the G men to take down Green Bay and set up the big network matchup at Dallas.  The weight of the world will be on Preston.  One early pick and the chants of "Romo" will ring down.  I wonder what Jerry Jones is saying to his coach?  Maybe, "do you think we are doing the right thing going with a rookie?"  Did he really bring them to the dance?  Or was it the guy with the name of a prophet from the old testament?  And I think that a game between the Falcons and Seahawks will be very interesting.

Looks like your GM's press conference was a real shit storm!  Until they clean him out, I don't see you guys getting to the next level.  Definitely talent there, but the organization seems to be a dog chasin its tail.

I hear Sean Peyton is a front runner for the LA job, if they give the Saints picks for him.

11 hours ago, Walter said:

True!  But that didn't help against Arizona.  I still think Detroit doesn't have enough weapons to knock off Seattle in Seattle.  16-10 is my prediction in that game.

Arizona, the Rams and 49ers all seem to play them tough. The bastards brag that they 'own' the division. Well, maybe for now, but that won't last forever.

GO DETROIT!!! :D

6 hours ago, redrum said:

Arizona, the Rams and 49ers all seem to play them tough. The bastards brag that they 'own' the division. Well, maybe for now, but that won't last forever.

GO DETROIT!!! :D

I think the biggest problem in Detroit is coaching.   It sucks.  but the game they put up at New Orleans was a true masterpiece.  If they can do that again, they could pull off the upset.  I am sure Dallas would rather see them than the Giants.  I am picking the Giants to beat Green Bay.  As great as Rogers has been, the rest of the team is not that good.  It will catch up to them vs a god defense and a guy like Manning who has been there and knows what to do.  I think the Giants are a gift with 4 and a half and that line should drop.  The Lions are getting 9.  Miami is getting 11.  To me that is a surprise.  But i am still scared to take 11 because Pittsburgh is going to be out for blood after that loss in Miami and them injuring Rothlesburger.  If I had to bet this game though I would take the points.  I do think Miami has a chance.  Pittsburgh is not great.  If the Oakland QB can simply play decent and not turn the ball over, maybe a big if, they can win this game.  If I were the Raiders I would try and make a deal with the Bills to grab Tyrod Taylor right now.  Just imagine what they could do with him.  But not sure if the Bills are keeping him or not.  Most likely keeping him.  His only horrible game was at Oakland. 

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I think the biggest problem in Detroit is coaching.   It sucks.  but the game they put up at New Orleans was a true masterpiece.  If they can do that again, they could pull off the upset.  I am sure Dallas would rather see them than the Giants.  I am picking the Giants to beat Green Bay.  As great as Rogers has been, the rest of the team is not that good.  It will catch up to them vs a god defense and a guy like Manning who has been there and knows what to do.  I think the Giants are a gift with 4 and a half and that line should drop.  The Lions are getting 9.  Miami is getting 11.  To me that is a surprise.  But i am still scared to take 11 because Pittsburgh is going to be out for blood after that loss in Miami and them injuring Rothlesburger.  If I had to bet this game though I would take the points.  I do think Miami has a chance.  Pittsburgh is not great.  If the Oakland QB can simply play decent and not turn the ball over, maybe a big if, they can win this game.  If I were the Raiders I would try and make a deal with the Bills to grab Tyrod Taylor right now.  Just imagine what they could do with him.  But not sure if the Bills are keeping him or not.  Most likely keeping him.  His only horrible game was at Oakland. 

Totally agree about the coaching.  Caldwell deserves credit for the team not quitting on him earlier in the year, and he keeps a clean and stable locker-room.  My pre-season prediction was 6-10, so they over-achieved by anyone's standard.  However, Caldwell is consistently outcoached in every 2nd half.  He's proven time and time again in Detroit and Indianapolis that he is incapable of 2nd half adjustments.  He's also saved more time-outs than any coach in the league....why ?  Your defense sucks.  Give them a rest.  He also by-passes any play reviews for fear of not having them later in the game. Conservative to the point of being dumb.  Even if the Seahawks come out flat, the Lions can't stop a running quarterback at all.  Caldwell's job is not guaranteed.  Our new GM has a crazy streak, and Caldwell is operating on a 1 year deal.  He might not pay Stafford either.

Any way you look at it, Aaron Rodgers played a heck of a game Sunday night.  Not a mistake and ran successfully when needed.  Their entire offensive unit is playing well.   The Pack could surprise.   I give those thoughts reluctantly, cuz understand there's nothing I hate more than cheese-heads in our stadium.  :mad:

1 hour ago, Bong-Man said:

Totally agree about the coaching.  Caldwell deserves credit for the team not quitting on him earlier in the year, and he keeps a clean and stable locker-room.  My pre-season prediction was 6-10, so they over-achieved by anyone's standard.  However, Caldwell is consistently outcoached in every 2nd half.  He's proven time and time again in Detroit and Indianapolis that he is incapable of 2nd half adjustments.  He's also saved more time-outs than any coach in the league....why ?  Your defense sucks.  Give them a rest.  He also by-passes any play reviews for fear of not having them later in the game. Conservative to the point of being dumb.  Even if the Seahawks come out flat, the Lions can't stop a running quarterback at all.  Caldwell's job is not guaranteed.  Our new GM has a crazy streak, and Caldwell is operating on a 1 year deal.  He might not pay Stafford either.

Any way you look at it, Aaron Rodgers played a heck of a game Sunday night.  Not a mistake and ran successfully when needed.  Their entire offensive unit is playing well.   The Pack could surprise.   I give those thoughts reluctantly, cuz understand there's nothing I hate more than cheese-heads in our stadium.  :mad:

What I would give to see Stafford in a Bills uniform. I think Detroit has a shot though its not  a big one.  Their offense is damn good and I keep wondering if only Calvin had stuck around.  Golden Tate will have to have  big game.  Seattle is a cocky team and can be overconfident.  The Lions must take advantage of that.  They are always playing from behind.  I do not think any team is worse at giving up the lead early in games.  But they do come roaring back like Lions usually.  I like them and I will cheer for them.  But  I would rather see Dallas get beat.   The Giants can do it, and Seattle can do it. The Lions could have done it with a real coach.   They did take care of New Orleans in a tough building.  If their number one corner is 100% they may bake a game of it. When its all said and done though, if the Lions lose, Seattle at Atlanta will be a hell of a game.  I do not think anyone can give Atlanta's offense more trouble than Seattle's D  If Atlanta can get to Dallas they can score on the Cowboys at will.  It will be a shootout.  Seattle poses different problems for Dallas and has the upper hand with Wilson and with experience.  Big game experience says Seattle goes back to the Super Bowl if they wake up.  I believe KC an win the AFC.  They have been overlooked all year pretty much.  They can go into New England  and win

I just saw the last guy picked the Lions in the contest. Its hard for me to see them losing 4 in a row?  They might just pull this thing off?

The NFC to me is very wide open this year. No clear cut favorite--even with Dallas, the issue of playoff experience or lack thereof with Dak Prescott will come up. I would probably root for Green Bay because of Rodgers, but never count out Atlanta or Seattle.

As for the AFC, it's all about who can stop New England--maybe Pittsburgh or KC, maybe.... :unsure:

3 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

The NFC to me is very wide open this year. No clear cut favorite--even with Dallas, the issue of playoff experience or lack thereof with Dak Prescott will come up. I would probably root for Green Bay because of Rodgers, but never count out Atlanta or Seattle.

As for the AFC, it's all about who can stop New England--maybe Pittsburgh or KC, maybe.... :unsure:

i will go Atlanta or Giants vs KC     but do not want to see NE vs Dallas.   Cheering 4  either Falcons or Lions in NFC and Raiders are only team i dont hate in AFC

As much as I think the Giants have a  shot in Green Bay and many Dallas fans fear that, maybe they shouldn't?  Its tough to beat any pro sports team 3 times in a row.  In any sport unless its totally lopsided like the NBA tends to be.  I do think the Falcons are being overlooked a bit.  They cannot be stopped in my opinion on offense but they need to play better on defense.  But they could pull it off simply by outscoring their opponent.  I see no stopping them.  But if Seattle does beat the Lions as expected that is probably the worst matchup for Atlanta.   They will face the toughest defense in Seattle.  Maybe the Giants have the best D statistically but the Seahawks have been there and done it.  The NFC is more wide open.  The AFC is likely between NE and KC.

Lions D playing damn good.  The offense is killing them with drops.  They should have ran on that 4th down as Seattle gave them a soft line D.  They played the pass.  A draw would have been great or a screen.   But this coach baffles me.  Nonetheless, after this lucky TD on 4th and goal its only 7-0.  Lions need  drive.  They are in this.  The lines on bot sides are playing great.

On 1/3/2017 at 11:05 AM, Bong-Man said:

If silly ass Ebron can hold on to the ball they might have a shot.  Second half coming

4 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

Big goal line stand by Detroit to keep it a one score game. Detroit not dead, yet...

The NFL is a RIGGED FUCKING SPORT.  The Lions are getting fucked royal by these criminal refs.  Are you kidding me?  That was pass interference all day long.  If it was Brady and NE it would have been a flag.  If it was Green Bay and Rogers, a flag.  The Lions are getting screwed royal.  Its obvious.  Chris Collingswroth is biting his tongue but him and Al Micheals can see it plain as day. All the calls go for Seattle.  Yet the Lions are still in it thanks to their D

12 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

I think Thomas Rawls running all over them might have something to do with it too, Rick...

You cannot overcome bad calls in a game like this.  The facemask that was so obvious in the end zone in the first half was an example of how the refs favor teams that have won in the past.  ITs Bullshit.  The non call for an obvious pass interference on that third down was a drive killer and turned out to be a game killer for the Lions.  Your boys are fucked today in Pittsburgh.  Wait until the Zebras get done with your boys.  LOL  Dallas will have the Zebras on  their side.  I am picking Atlanta right now to beat Seattle.  Pittsburgh has always given KC trouble.  If KC can survive that first game, they can win in NE. Not saying it will be easy.  KC and Atlanta are both live long shots to get there

3 personal fouls by guys with 25 years of service....dropped balls all over the place.....play calling that would make any NFL fan shake their head in bewilderment.  You have to be amazed at the over-all Lion stats of futility.  9 playoff losses in a row.  Haven't won a road playoff game since before face-masks.  4-26 on the West Coast.  Haven't won a 4 team division in 23 years.  Just goes to show you that poor ownership can conquer the laws of NFL parity every time.  It was so typical.  They give you the illusion they're in the game...down by only a score in the 2nd half....but for the Lions it might as well have been 30 points.  A season they over-achieved, but a history of futility that can never be ignored.  Thank-You Cleveland !!  We deserve to stand alone.  

Archived