2016 NFL Thread

Walter

2 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

Well, if it is Atlanta and the Pats in 2 weeks, I can only hope Matty Ice destroys them...

I think that second game is going to be a tough game.  I would not count Pittsburgh out.  That said , I believe Atlanta would have a bit easier time with New England's D than Pittsburgh.  Because Pittt blitzes well.  But I do not think anyone can stop this Atlanta offense

15 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

The game isn't over by any stretch, but I had a feeling I was going to "eat it" on the picks this week. When you go with your heart instead of your head...  :rolleyes:

Stupid bastards fucking Steelers defensive coordinator.  Falling for that fucking flea flicker.  Unreal.  Wake the fuck up.   They are fine on 1st and 2nd and then suck on third down.   I want to see Bell run the fucking ball and the fucking clock.  I am just hoping Atlanta destroys whichever of these teams wins.  Pittsburgh can win this game if they take their heads out of their ass's

Tom Brady is on his way to his 7th Superbowl appearance. 

SEVENTH!!!!!

After all of the bullshit he put up with for the past 2 years for a bunch of trumped up charges..Success is the best revenge. I think the 4 game rest might have helped him in the long run...... 

Anyway,  it will be nice to see Roger Goodell do the classy thing, man up and present New England with the AFC Title trophy tonight.... huh ?? He didn't make the trip to Foxboro??? What a putz.  

Congratulations to all Patriots fans ... and Falcons fans for that matter. great teams both. 

And i like most of the Stealers.. a couple big mouths notwithstanding.. 

7 minutes ago, the chase said:

No other NFL head coach has led the their team to Seven Superbowls.. Only Bill Bellichick. 

Any idea how many he's been in, in all?  As DC, etc?  He's definitely the GOAT of all NFL coaches, IMO.

5 minutes ago, Walter said:

Any idea how many he's been in, in all?  As DC, etc?  He's definitely the GOAT of all NFL coaches, IMO.

Two with the Giants with Parcells. One with New England when Parcells was head coach. Seven with New England as head coach. That makes a total of 10 Super Bowl appearances.

G.O.A.T.

8 minutes ago, Walter said:

At least 3 more.. 2 as assistant coach under Parcells with The Giants and 1 more under Parcells with New England.. so he was / is on the coaching staff for 8 of 9 of NE Superbowl appearances.. 

11 hours ago, Strider said:

^^^You don't see it?

Atlanta has a history of melting under the bright lights. There are three teams remaining with championship pedigrees...New England, Pittsburgh, Green Bay. Atlanta has been a pretender so far.

Until they prove they can win a big game, I definitely can see Matty Ice throwing a couple interceptions in this game. I definitely can see Green Bay winning on the road.

You'd make a great channel five weatherman!

Tough year for the armchair analysts. This season rocked fans from their comfort zones and had 'em chasing their tails.  Awesome.

Any given Sunday - anything can happen. That is the paradigm. That's what it's all about.

2 hours ago, Badgeholder Still said:

Any given Sunday - anything can happen. That is the paradigm. That's what it's all about.

No shit. That's what Las Vegas counts on.

You must be an Atlanta fan...or someone who hates the Packers, i.e. a Bear or Viking fan. Congratulations...on any given Sunday 19 years apart the Falcons can win a big game. Have a cigar.

5 hours ago, Strider said:

Two with the Giants with Parcells. One with New England when Parcells was head coach. Seven with New England as head coach. That makes a total of 10 Super Bowl appearances.

G.O.A.T.

Returning to Super Bowl again this year pretty much seals the deal he's the GOAT. He wins it and we can etch GOAT in granite.

With the Super Bowl indoors at Houston it has the makings of a high-scoring affair.

Atlanta should be wary of Matt Ryan's contract situation and look what happened to Baltimore and San Francisco after they gave Flacco and CK big contracts.

15 hours ago, redrum said:

Sad day for Green Bay. :(

Yeah...WTF happened there?  did they just forget to show up or something?  And all this stuff about how great Rodgers is...he looked like a mediocre QB.

And then Pittsburgh...well, Bell got hurt early, but still, have a backup plan ready to go.  Brady was just tossing to wide open receivers.  I asked myself "Who the hell is Chris Hogan"?  I guess he was a steal from the Bills...

Atlanta looked VERY sharp.  NE will have its hands full in the SB.

Archived