2016 NFL Thread

Walter

1 hour ago, Strider said:

I think you'll manage to survive. ;)

Damn Raiders. :mad:

Out defense is woeful. Giving up 35 points to the Saints is one thing. But to the Falcons is inexcusable. These are the games the Raiders have to win, are SUPPOSED to win if they are going to make the playoffs. It means nothing to beat Saints if you turn around and lose the home opener to mediocre Sadlanta.

Very disappointed...it's one step forward, two steps back. Just like the last dozen years or so.

Where did our football chat group go? No Rick or PC or Walter or zepscoda or jabe. Bong-Man is excused because he's in the wilderness.

I was shooting bamboo under my fingernails watching the Pittsburgh Cincinnati game. I haven't checked my picks but I figure I'm in the running for the "most losses" trophy this year.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

I think you'll manage to survive. ;)

Out defense is woeful. Giving up 35 points to the Saints is one thing. But to the Falcons is inexcusable. These are the games the Raiders have to win, are SUPPOSED to win if they are going to make the playoffs. It means nothing to beat Saints if you turn around and lose the home opener to mediocre Sadlanta.

Very disappointed...it's one step forward, two steps back. Just like the last dozen years or so.

Where did our football chat group go? No Rick or PC or Walter or zepscoda or jabe. Bong-Man is excused because he's in the wilderness.

When was the last time the Raiders were in the playoffs again? :Thinking:

2 hours ago, Strider said:

Chin up, Strider, I saw much worse football today (and yesterday for that matter).  At least your team looked like real football players.

:bagoverhead:

4 minutes ago, Ddladner said:

Chin up, Strider, I saw much worse football today (and yesterday for that matter).  At least your team looked like real football players.

:bagoverhead:

The Alabama, Ole Miss game ranks as one of the strangest college games I've ever watched.

25 minutes ago, jabe said:

The Alabama, Ole Miss game ranks as one of the strangest college games I've ever watched.

Agree.  Ole Miss must get in Bama's head, and especially in the beginning, they looked well on their way to a 3-peat.  Congrats on the win!

Back to NFL...Strider, I hope your Raiders have a good season, maybe they'll get their own stadium.  Seems like it would be extremely difficult to play football on a baseball field. :blink:

21 minutes ago, Badgeholder Still said:

Bradford...

Diggs...

Waynes?

Suck on that Cheeseheads!

Thank you!  I rarely use the word hate, but I absolutely hate, loathe, detest, despise, and abhor the Green Bay Packers as much as I love my Minnesota Vikings.  SKOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20 hours ago, Walter said:

I've been talking to you all day, Sean.  Had to get on the pool on this 100 degree day in Central Florida....before the pool dips below 85! ?  Nice day with the family, after too much time committed to work!   Good early day of football and frustrating day at the race track.  ?

Well, yes that is true...at least from the end of the Dallas game.

But my point was usually you East Coasters are on here jibber-jabbing during the first game and you were all conspicious by your absence yesterday morning (first game begins at 10am out here in the west). I especially miss Rick's harangues against the refs.

20 hours ago, ebk said:

I was at the Os game today.

Oh wait, you didn't mention me... :D 

I didn't mention you because I knew you were at the Orioles game. ;)

On 9/18/2016 at 6:11 PM, paul carruthers said:

And--as with any NFL Sunday--there are games where you go, WTF??? Lions lose to Tennessee, Seahawks only get 3 vs. the Lambs... :wacko:

Damned 49ers shut out the Rams and then get their asses kicked in Carolina. Just like last year. A strong first win and then the wheels fell off. The Seahawks coming up should be very interesting.

The Thursday Night game--I'm probably going with my heart instead of my head, but I would love to see Houston step all over the Pats.

But, I wouldn't be shocked in the least if the reverse happens. I know Rick might disagree, but until further notice, the Patriots own everybody in the AFC East....

14 minutes ago, Strider said:

I don't like football on Thursday nights. It's too damn early in the week...just barely caught my breath from the Sunday and Monday games. Let alone how the players must feel having to play on short rest.

I agree, Strider.  It was special back when it was in December. Now it's overkill.

I had to refresh my memory by looking at the Fins upcoming schedule--home vs. the Browns, then next Thursday vs. the Bengals in Cincy. Then it's home games vs. the Titans and Steelers.

So, I'm thinking the Fins could be 0-6 after that stretch of games--thank goodness the Mets are still alive in a sports race, because my football team is pure garbage....

4_9_13.gif

14 hours ago, Walter said:

The Patriots are a flat out machine! 

I dont know if I would rather upset Arizona or just hope Rex Ryan gets fired?

11 hours ago, the chase said:

^ You're not alone Paul.

The unconditional hate and crap leveled at this team only makes it that much sweeter as a fan.

The "system" works.. 

I wonder what Roger Goodell thinks of this. 

Belecheck has his spies working overtime.  I did not see the debacle by Houston, but can only imagine it was a ton of short passes to Edelman and some real shitty offense by Houston.  They were obvoiusly exposed.  Did anyone ever say Houston is a good team?

Archived