Led Zeppelin Live Concerts/Bootlegs

kingzoso

This thought just entered my mind and I thought I would start at topic about it:

Out of all the Live Led Zeppelin concerts that Led Zeppelin ever played throughout their career (1968-1980), about how many of these shows were bootlegged and distributed in some format or another? (Vinyl, Compact Disc, Youtube, etc...).   

Led Zeppelin performed over 500 live performances from all over the Globe during Their Reign (and Reign Supreme). 

So the essence of this topic is:  Out of 500+ or -500 concerts, how many of the Mighty Led Zeppelin concerts were actually bootlegged and bootlegged for posterity?  

Any opinions or guesses? 

Another option is getting the Luis Rey "Led Zeppelin Live" book and to start counting (and still then the list of tapes in the book is incomplete since new ones surfaced).

I did the counting for you....234, including longer radio performances.

13 hours ago, reswati said:

Another option is getting the Luis Rey "Led Zeppelin Live" book and to start counting (and still then the list of tapes in the book is incomplete since new ones surfaced).

I did the counting for you....234, including longer radio performances.

Thanks.  I actually have that book in the top drawer to my left.  I also use this book as a reference when I listen to Led Zeppelin bootlegs on youtube, which is every night.  I don't pull out the book every night, I only do when I want to check something about a particular bootleg or check a (correct) date. 

I agree with you that the list of live Led Zeppelin tapes in the book are/is incomplete (as I am sure even Luis Rey would agree on that). 

17 hours ago, zeptrade said:

I have it at 299 counting some with only frags of video. At the moment.

1968 - 1

1969 - 51

1970 - 36

1971 - 30

1972 - 35

1973 - 51

1975 - 38

1977 - 39

1979 - 4

1980. - 14

Thanks to you too for number and the number by year.  For a band as heavily bootlegged as Led Zeppelin, I am sure 299 is not the correct and precise number.  Still though, pretty impressive.  Thanks again. 

There is one show where you hear someone say -  What are you doing ?  or What are you doing with that ,and the tape get cut off.     

Best one is you hear someone in audience say I want a copy of that tape..., you hear me ? I want a copy of that tape.

2 hours ago, TheGreatOne said:

There is one show where you hear someone say -  What are you doing ?  or What are you doing with that ,and the tape get cut off.     

Best one is you hear someone in audience say I want a copy of that tape..., you hear me ? I want a copy of that tape.

There is a bootleg of some gig and you hear someone say "is that a tape recorder?  Far out man".  And then some woman gets close to the recorder and says, "hi". 

4 hours ago, kingzoso said:

There is a bootleg of some gig and you hear someone say "is that a tape recorder?  Far out man".  And then some woman gets close to the recorder and says, "hi". 

Or June 10 '77, New York: 

"Is that a microphone?"

"Yeah- take it easy, or else I'll pick you up all night long. All right? Thanks a lot!"

Unless I am barking up the wrong tree, this thread somehow omitted that there are many versions of the same

show, newly discovered shows that appear sometimes, boots that have tremendous sonic engineering by 

fans or bootleggers,etc. Understandably some want at THIS point in time a ballpark figure of the gigs

recorded. But correct me if I'm wrong, pretty sure even simply the amount of gigs played exactly is 

still murky, particularly the first ?? two years.

Archived