STAIRWAY 12/10 OPENING SONG

zoso

Rock and Roll is usually the 1 they do first.

and i hope they do it this time although i won't be there .

but in the NME website a certain Mr Astbury of The Cult has said that he and the band are to play as support on the Led Zep tour (dunno if it's true or not)

you can check it out here

http://www.nme.com/news/led-zeppelin/32664

Think outside the box once in a while

Are you joking, if they opened with Stairway that would probablly ruin the concert or any concert, Stairway is a song you play after you have released all your intitial energy, the first time in 27 years people are watching Zeppelin play, I think they are going to be a bit ancy, and something like Rock N' Roll or Immigrant Song or The Ocean would be great ways to get some of this out.

Stairway to Heaven would probably be the worst possible opening song they could come up with.

I'd like for Rock and Roll to be the opening number (I mean, come on. "It's been a long time since I rocked and rolled" fits perfectly). But if it's really Good Times Bad Times, I'm fine with that.

Think about this opening song -

Arabic drone, theremin and...

And if you feel that you cant go on. and your will's sinkin low

Just believe and you cant go wrong.

In the light you will find the road. you will find the road...

Crash! Lights, smoke, Jimmy and Robert walk out to - In The Light !

Nobody's Fault But Mine should be the opener, what a savage way to start a show, it'd be like they just knocked you out, kicked punched you, and shat on your chest even before you could collect yourself from cheering like a woman when they came on stage.

Rock and Roll is usually the 1 they do first.

and i hope they do it this time although i won't be there .

but in the NME website a certain Mr Astbury of The Cult has said that he and the band are to play as support on the Led Zep tour (dunno if it's true or not)

you can check it out here

http://www.nme.com/news/led-zeppelin/32664

http://au.launch.yahoo.com/071122/10/1hx37.html

Led Zeppelin To Tour With The Cult

(Soundbuzz, Friday November 23, 10:00 AM)

Led Zeppelin are to tour in 2008 with The Cult as their opening act. Cult frontman Ian Astbury, let the news slip during a concert in Cincinnati, Ohio.

The rocker told fans, "We'll be back next year because we're opening for a band you may have heard of... The name starts with an 'L' and has a 'Z' in it."

ADVERTISEMENT

Billboard.com reports that a number of venues have already been approached about staging Led Zeppelin/The Cult summer dates next year. (wenn)

I agree, Zep have a chance to shock (what they did best) and not deliver what could be obvious ie Rock and Roll, Song Remains etc In The Light would be pretty magical.. Another possible opener could be salute to their heritage - Train Kept a Rollin - an opener in 69 and 80....

Stairway to Heaven is a very LONG peice and usually bands open thier shows with a brief upbeat hit rather than a long Minor opus, to get people up on thier feet.

I've read Plant commenting about the drudgery of standing off center stage during this very long peice, and he's elaborated about this over the years. In one live version he can actually be seen rolling his eyes at one point, which seemed far more understandable watching after I read this in an older interview...it seems very understandable.

Will they open with this song that begins so low key, is so long, and really represents thier "definitive" moment in the annals of popular music history. No, it's something for a second to last song, one of the encores. :)

Nirvana. Finally somebody comes with what would be the killer opener. You're so right. What an opening that would be. In the light would be the perfect song for RP to warm up his voice..... that long slow build up.... and that Arabic drone..Perfect

Archived