STAIRWAY 12/10 OPENING SONG

zoso

Are you joking, if they opened with Stairway that would probablly ruin the concert or any concert, Stairway is a song you play after you have released all your intitial energy, the first time in 27 years people are watching Zeppelin play, I think they are going to be a bit ancy, and something like Rock N' Roll or Immigrant Song or The Ocean would be great ways to get some of this out.

Stairway it's a relaxing song and they shouldn't start with it ... i think they should keep it clasic and start with rock and roll but whatever they do they're going to do it fabulous

Think about this opening song -

Arabic drone, theremin and...

And if you feel that you cant go on. and your will's sinkin low

Just believe and you cant go wrong.

In the light you will find the road. you will find the road...

Crash! Lights, smoke, Jimmy and Robert walk out to - In The Light !

Would be great but will never happen. They opening song never had JPJ on keyboards. He probably won't sit down until 4th of 5th song.

I thought The Wanton Song was a cool opener on the 95 P/P tour.

On Plants' second solo tour of the NE US, he opened with famous [and eerie]recording sample of the Bulgarian Folk womens' choir which led into "In The Evening"....Breathtaking!

let me know what they open with as I D-O-N-'T have a ticket.

thats would fucckin be awesome, and the wanton song to folow would be superb also!!!

You can always tell the longtime fans from the newbies.

I was just thinking that!! Never in a million years would they open with Stairway, and if they did it would be a really really stupid choice!!

You know what.....THAT WOULD BE FREAKIN' AMAZING!!!!! That would be a brilliant opening song. Starting off with a dark stage, dry ice bearly lit and that wonderful music in the background....then BOOM!!!! Yeah! Good idea. :thumbsup:

Stairway to Heaven would probably be the worst possible opening song they could come up with.

I'd like for Rock and Roll to be the opening number (I mean, come on. "It's been a long time since I rocked and rolled" fits perfectly). But if it's really Good Times Bad Times, I'm fine with that.

My guess is also Rock n' Roll. For old times sake.

According to Jason the first song is Good Times Bad Times.

Stairway will be one of the last songs played.

So, i dont recall ever hearing Good Times, Bad Times on any of the boots. Could this be the "never before performed live" song that Jimmy hinted at in the BBC interview?

Disregard my question. Since digging around a little more on this forum, it looks like he's probably referring to For Your Life.

I read on the Robert Plant site that he's considering retiring after the O2 show, but he didn't give any kind of time frame. A Zep tour would be the perfect send off.

Anyway, I really don't understand why all the sudden releases and an XM channel and a new website if they're not planning something for after the London show. We all know when new things come out, so why all the hype?

Stairway to Heaven is a very LONG peice and usually bands open thier shows with a brief upbeat hit rather than a long Minor opus, to get people up on thier feet.

I've read Plant commenting about the drudgery of standing off center stage during this very long peice, and he's elaborated about this over the years. In one live version he can actually be seen rolling his eyes at one point, which seemed far more understandable watching after I read this in an older interview...it seems very understandable.

Will they open with this song that begins so low key, is so long, and really represents thier "definitive" moment in the annals of popular music history. No, it's something for a second to last song, one of the encores. :)

drudgery??/ back in the day he would have just gone backstage and gotten blown...

as for opening song...no chance for stairway. will they even play it at all??

it will be something upbeat. GTBT, rock & roll. don't see how they could pull immigrant song off anymore. robert can't hit those notes.

So, i dont recall ever hearing Good Times, Bad Times on any of the boots. Could this be the "never before performed live" song that Jimmy hinted at in the BBC interview?

Disregard my question. Since digging around a little more on this forum, it looks like he's probably referring to For Your Life.

It is physically impossible to do it, Bonzo is the only person that can do perfrom the drum part, I forgot what it is called, but it is the foot tapping or something, maybe someone can help me out on this.

actually i find the idea of stairway being the opener silly...i mean if i play guitar at my local open mic one of the rules is no stairway.... :D

i think a good opener would be achilles last stand that would drop some jaws... :rant:

Openers are always short and straight to the point. Bearing in mind the setting, re-union, etc. after such a long absence I reckon it's a pretty safe bet that they'll start with Rock and Roll. It will also give the crowd a chance to welcome Bonzo junior to the fold with his closing drum roll at the end of the song.

Openers are always short and straight to the point. Bearing in mind the setting, re-union, etc. after such a long absence I reckon it's a pretty safe bet that they'll start with Rock and Roll. It will also give the crowd a chance to welcome Bonzo junior to the fold with his closing drum roll at the end of the song.

Actually, Bonzo junior is the one who said they're going to start with Good Times, Bad Times. Sorry.

I brought the Stairway as an opener up on the old board. I love the idea -- completely unexpected, and it gets the song out of the way for Plant to focus on everything else since he's the one who harbors an aversion to performing it.

Alas, it won't happen.

Archived