A must hear band in a Slow Season

So, I gotta start out with the obligatory "been a lurker here forever, love Zeppelin, etc"... 

To the point -

So I'm a pretty big vinyl collector, old bands as well as a ton of newer bands.  A couple years ago a label popped up from the West Coast called Easy Rider Records(they've since had to change to RidingEasy for legal reasons).  You guys should all give'em a good look, solid roster top to bottom.

Anyway, this band on the label has a real Zeppelin thing going on, I duggum the second I heard'um.  I heard their second album first and it was a real head trip.  I at first thought it was something that was recorded in 1969 that was just being released, but deeper looks proved otherwise.  I never posted about them before because A) i wasn't a member and  B ) because there's a lot of bands coming out with fantastic records right now.  BUT, they're amidst a 6 week nation-wide tour currently and I caught their show... I have never been so blown away, I had to come here to see if anyone else has heard them?! Live, they are the loudest band I've ever heard, from the drums up.  The drummer is a Bonham reincarnate; the sound, the feel, the right foot, the VOLUME) the bass player has a definite JPJ thing going on, the way they play together  and between each other live is VERY zep reminescent.

They have a new album slated for release this summer and after hearing two track previews plus hearing the new stuff they did live, more excited I could not be.   I wanted to share some of their tracks with you and see what you think, and strongly suggest picking them up live if they're coming near you. 

(Forgive me for being technology deficient, I don't know how to make the videos be right on the page, old fashion links it is!) edit: so some of the videos appear on the page for some reason, the first one is still a link, hope to get better with this in time!

The first song I heard:

http://youtu.be/aE6ckQYfUC8

Those are three tracks from their second LP, these are the two new tracks premiering:

Curious to see what yall think?!  Wish you could see them live! 

Now that i'm a fully fledged member I can't wait to share a lot of newer music i come across with you guys!  

Nice retro vibe, they remind me a bit of The Flying Eyes.

Great to see/hear that more and more underground bands go back to the "real rock" vibe, like rock is supposed to sound.

Since you dig this kinda musick, check out Earthless, Astra (from San Diego), Orchid (from San Francisco), Naam, Monkey3, Scorpion Child, The Atomic Bitchwax, Glowsun, Pyramidal, Radar Men From The Moon, Black Bombaim.....to name but a few.

On ‎05‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 5:37 PM, TheMarlboroMan said:

So, I gotta start out with the obligatory "been a lurker here forever, love Zeppelin, etc"... 

To the point -

So I'm a pretty big vinyl collector, old bands as well as a ton of newer bands.  A couple years ago a label popped up from the West Coast called Easy Rider Records(they've since had to change to RidingEasy for legal reasons).  You guys should all give'em a good look, solid roster top to bottom.

Anyway, this band on the label has a real Zeppelin thing going on, I duggum the second I heard'um.  I heard their second album first and it was a real head trip.  I at first thought it was something that was recorded in 1969 that was just being released, but deeper looks proved otherwise.  I never posted about them before because A) i wasn't a member and  B ) because there's a lot of bands coming out with fantastic records right now.  BUT, they're amidst a 6 week nation-wide tour currently and I caught their show... I have never been so blown away, I had to come here to see if anyone else has heard them?! Live, they are the loudest band I've ever heard, from the drums up.  The drummer is a Bonham reincarnate; the sound, the feel, the right foot, the VOLUME) the bass player has a definite JPJ thing going on, the way they play together  and between each other live is VERY zep reminescent.

They have a new album slated for release this summer and after hearing two track previews plus hearing the new stuff they did live, more excited I could not be.   I wanted to share some of their tracks with you and see what you think, and strongly suggest picking them up live if they're coming near you. 

(Forgive me for being technology deficient, I don't know how to make the videos be right on the page, old fashion links it is!) edit: so some of the videos appear on the page for some reason, the first one is still a link, hope to get better with this in time!

The first song I heard:

http://youtu.be/aE6ckQYfUC8

Those are three tracks from their second LP, these are the two new tracks premiering:

Curious to see what yall think?!  Wish you could see them live! 

Now that i'm a fully fledged member I can't wait to share a lot of newer music i come across with you guys!  

wow wee thanks for sharing this cool `70`s vibe, there a delightful adding to my own racks...there`s a duo called White Miles I think you`d like....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived