Howdy from Zonie

Zonie Grey Ghost

Total noob to this forum. I saw the Tempe show in 1977. I bought my first vinyl of Zepplin, Houses of the Holy around 1973, but I was into their music the first time I heard Whole Lotta Love on the radio sometime around 1970 or '71(?). I played that HoH album probably 20 times that first night I got it home. I remember gazing at the liner sleeve (stoned) and suddenly noticing that the lyrics to Over the Hills... was printed so if it was held sideways the lyrics were " hilly" looking. I thought I discovered a secret of some sort. The moveable wheel thing on III (?) and even later the wet and wipe on In the Out Door were so novel at the time. I still have both of those vinyls. Geez, I'm friggin old. So glad I found this great forum! 

15 hours ago, Zonie Grey Ghost said:

Total noob to this forum. I saw the Tempe show in 1977. I bought my first vinyl of Zepplin, Houses of the Holy around 1973, but I was into their music the first time I heard Whole Lotta Love on the radio sometime around 1970 or '71(?). I played that HoH album probably 20 times that first night I got it home. I remember gazing at the liner sleeve (stoned) and suddenly noticing that the lyrics to Over the Hills... was printed so if it was held sideways the lyrics were " hilly" looking. I thought I discovered a secret of some sort. The moveable wheel thing on III (?) and even later the wet and wipe on In the Out Door were so novel at the time. I still have both of those vinyls. Geez, I'm friggin old. So glad I found this great forum! 

Welcome to the club - there is a lot of us who sat around staring at stuff like that being excited by it. Glad to see another music junkie join the ranks of us crazies!

Holy shit! SOMEONE who was at the infamous Tempe '77 show...and admits it, hehe! Does Nutrocker know about this?

Welcome to the group Zonie! I hope you go to the Live Section of the Forum and post your memories about that Tempe concert. The audio tape that circulates from that show paints a very muddy unclear and incomplete picture. It would be nice to have your first-hand perspective.

I posted some on the live thread. I'm still learning this site's navigation. My memories are probably about as murky as the band's sound that night. I clearly remember the first song was awful and the awful acoustics in the place. I'd like to hear the audio, but after I talk with a friend that was also there.

Archived