2016 NHL season

LedZeppfan1977

I might as well start this thread off and I am pissed that Vesey was stolen from the Rangers.  The NY Yankees of hockey.  Now I will be cheering against them with the same voracity that I cheer against the Flyers and Ottawa with.  Vesey was to be on the Sabres roster.  He is a punk.  We are loaded with young talent.  Eichel, Ristolainen, Reinhart and Nylander.  So go play for the big NY lights punk.  You will be sorry later

• 1 month later...

Pre season about to start.  I know my Sabres have another year of getting their young stars prepared and will have to decide who their goalie will be moving forward.  I love to watch hockey in the winter.  Great sport.  NHL channel and MLB channels are both great to have.  If I had the time and the money to toss around I would like to have the NBA channel too but you can pick up most of the big games on other channels.  I get the NBA channel.  I bought a ticket in Vegas for St Lois to finally win the Cup.  We shall see.  I just hope the Sabres do well

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The surprise team is the Columbus Blue Jackets folks.  No doubt.  The Kings have lost their goalie and that puts them in trouble.  The Rangers are very good as are the Capitals in the east.  My Sabres languish waiting for the return of Jack Eichel.  So Columbus has really opened some eyes  Including a 10-0 ass whipping of the Montreal Canadiens, the team with the best record in the NHL.  The Blues, my pick this year, are finally starting to awaken.  They beat San Jose last night.  Rangers at Columbus tonight.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Eichel's return has put spark in the Sabres.  A huge win over the Kings and Islanders last night, and now above 500.  I have a feeling Dallas will end Philly's long lucky streak today.  Zepscoda, I see your two teams met the other night and I caught the end of it.  Rangers won 1-0 and it may be a  long year for Dallas and Lindy.   If he survives?

On Saturday, December 17, 2016 at 10:06 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Eichel's return has put spark in the Sabres.  A huge win over the Kings and Islanders last night, and now above 500.  I have a feeling Dallas will end Philly's long lucky streak today.  Zepscoda, I see your two teams met the other night and I caught the end of it.  Rangers won 1-0 and it may be a  long year for Dallas and Lindy.   If he survives?

Yes, I typically try to go to the game down here when the Rangers are in town, but couldn't swing it this year. Cody Eakin plowed over Lundqvist,  lowering his shoulder into Hanks head. Ended up getting good 4 games suspension for it too. I was shocked at two things ; 1 - Cody is not a dirty player, and I was very surprised to see that go down the way it did. Hank was behind the net , taking way too long playing the puck along the board, but still, no reason to try to take his head off.

2- The most shocking thing. Rangers get a 5 minute major. Couldn't score one goal. But that's not the shocking thing, after the major was up, there was absolutely no retaliation...none. I didn't expect it to happen during game the power play, but thought for sure someone would go after a high profile player. Nothing....that's shocking.

Hank came back on and played lights out!

I hate the Blackhawks.  Those miserable pricks just cost me $500 and maybe $3K!!!!!!!!   I had 11 in a row, nobody even close to me and they shit the bed vs the worst team in the NHL.   Colorado who lost to the Leafs 6-0 last night at home.  So how the fuck do they go to Chicago and win?  The next fucking night?  Only me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

• 2 weeks later...

The Columbus Blue Jackets have won 16 games in a row.   Tonight with a win in Washington they can tie the all time steak held by the 92 Pittburgh team.  Still they are dogs in Vegas.  I will take a shot and also with my Sabres over an underachieving Blackhawks team.  Fresh off a 4-1 win over the Rangers in the Garden, why not?

Washington stopped Columbus from tying the all time winning streak record at 16.  Nice try.  Great run.  This Columbus Blue Jackets team should be on the cover of Sports Illustrated IMO just for what they did.  Their record is incredible. Who saw this coming?  Not me.  I figured they would get in the playoffs.  But I never thought they would play to this level.  We will see if it can continue.  Tonight the Rangers come in and I do like the Rangers chances tonight.   They are coming off a very tough loss to my Sabres two games back.  Then we go into Chi town and blow a 3-2 lead with two minutes left.  Sucks.   Jack Eichel though is all he has been advertized.  He is great.

Thousands came from near and far today to honor a true New York City hero, Detective First Grade Steven McDonald. Detective McDonald will live on through all the people he touched and through the men and women of his NYPD family. 

"Steven’s was a life that underscores why most people decide to become police officers: Cops want to make a difference. Cops want to do good. Cops want to lead lives of significance.

And Steven did that every, single day of his life." - Police Commissioner James P. O'Neill 

Read Police Commissioner O'Neill remarks:

http://nypdnews.com/2017/01/police-commissioner-oneills-eulogy-honoring-nypd-detective-steven-mcdonald/

FB_IMG_1484358832483.jpg

FB_IMG_1484358825468.jpg

FB_IMG_1484358854695.jpg

FB_IMG_1484358862196.jpg

Sabres on Dallas like a cheap suit early.  1-0 Buffalo.   Lindy Ruff looks on from the enemy bench.  Never dreamed this would ever happen.  We lost the 99  finals in triple OT on an illegal goal by Hull, with Lindy as our coach and the ex Sabres player of many years

Sabres on Dallas like a cheap suit early.  1-0 Buffalo.   Lindy Ruff looks on from the enemy bench.  Never dreamed this would ever happen.  We lost the 99  finals in triple OT on an illegal goal by Hull, with Lindy as our coach and the ex Sabres player of many years

Sabres beat up Lindy Ruff and his team  Dallas not playing well at all.  Rangers likely to them to the wood shed.  Tonight I need the Wild to get to 5  on my Streak contest on 5 Dimes.  I like the Wild, Rangers, Blackhawks, Ducks, Blues, and Florida just a little.  

Cup finals right now look like the Washington Capitals and the Minnesota Wild. But three other teams to beware of are Columbus, St Louis and Pittsburgh.  I have a ticket I bought in Vegas that picks the Blue to win it all.  It can happen.  But the Capitals and Wild are mighty tough now.  Also have to throw the Rangers into the conversation.  Sorry about that Zepscoda.

Archived