2016 NHL season

LedZeppfan1977

3 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

The Red Wings streak of making the playoffs for 25 straight years is over.  That's a heck of an accomplishment in any professional sport.  During that time my Lions have won a 4 team division once.  :wacko:   Wish I was more of a hockey fan.  Lol....kind of sad really since my maternal family is all French-Canadian.  Time to tear down the JOE and open up the riverfront (Yay !)  The Pistons are moving downtown also, and The Palace of Auburn Hills will close. 

Lions - Tiger Stadium, The Pontiac Silverdome, Ford Field

Pistons - Cobo Arena, Silverdome, The Palace, Little Caesar's Arena

Red Wings - Olympia, Joe Louis, Little Caesar's Arena

Tigers - Tiger Stadium, Comerica Park

All in my lifetime.  For an area with constant financial woes, we sure do like to build new sports palaces.

I remember those old games at the Olympia called by Dan Kelly on National TV.  The Red Wings were not so good in those days.  But you are right, its quite an accomplishment. 

Well most of the old hockey fans here are gone.  Except for Zepcoda whose posts I always look forward to.  So the Sabres star player vet that they got from the Islanders is apparently fighting for his life in a Buffalo hospital in ICU.  The coach said he is "very concerned".  Not much is being shared due to HIPPA laws.  I pray that he survives. Hockey is not relevant in this case.

On Fri Apr 07 2017 at 11:56 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Well most of the old hockey fans here are gone.  Except for Zepcoda whose posts I always look forward to.  So the Sabres star player vet that they got from the Islanders is apparently fighting for his life in a Buffalo hospital in ICU.  The coach said he is "very concerned".  Not much is being shared due to HIPPA laws.  I pray that he survives. Hockey is not relevant in this case.

Ruff has coached his last game as a Dallas Star, it would be cool if he went back to Buffalo and Hitchcock came back to Dallas. ... Neurosurgical Intensive Care Unit is never a place you want to be. Positive thoughts for Okposo, scary situation.

Rangers play the Habs, game 1 is Wednesday.  I LOVE POST SEASON HOCKEY!

Screenshot_20170410-195405.jpg

1 hour ago, zepscoda said:

Ruff has coached his last game as a Dallas Star, it would be cool if he went back to Buffalo and Hitchcock came back to Dallas. ... Neurosurgical Intensive Care Unit is never a place you want to be. Positive thoughts for Okposo, scary situation.

Rangers play the Habs, game 1 is Wednesday.  I LOVE POST SEASON HOCKEY!

Screenshot_20170410-195405.jpg

I played my bracket on the bracket challenge on NHL.com.  I have St Louis over Washington in the final.  But it is not the first round series I wanted.  I want the winner of St Lois and Minny to come out of the West.  But to me Calgary is a  sleeper. In the Easts I pick Washington.

15 hours ago, zepscoda said:

Yep....look for Segan play on the PK.  This should be very very interesting. 

Let's go Rangers!!!

692a2ddea10c539a35b740b61dbeb3e2.jpg

I had the Blues last night   You talk about a heart attack.  I have W9 now on the contest on my off shore account where I have won before.  10 gets you a free $500 free play.  You can bet it any way you want.  So last night I had the Blues.  Tonight I took Washington -1.  I was shocked they were not yet at -1 1/2. So if they just win I am safe.  Push.  I am all in for the Blues to win the Cup.  My fantasy team on another site is Jake Allen, Teresenko, Pietrangelo, Atkinson (Columbus) and the defenseman from Washington (Niskanen), and Berglund of the Blues too

I hope this is finally the year the Blues can win the Cup.  I tell you now they are a force to be reckoned with.  They have red hot Jake Allen and a very balanced lineup with Teresenko, Steen, Pietrangelo leading the way.  They have many weapons.  I love their chances and they are my solid pick.  They won both in Minny.  Up 2-0.   GO  BLUES

I cant believe Chicago did not score a goal in both home games.  Shut out both games.  Killed my streak last night. I hope they are swept.  I also hope St Louis makes short work of Minnesota who I feared the most.  Then they will be rested and ready to win the West and more.  Blues all the way.  Best team easily

18 hours ago, zepscoda said:

IMG_20170416_174445.jpg

Monreal will beat them.  But the St Louis Blues, my second favorite team, is going to win the whole thing.  I have bet them back in August in Vegas. They have the Wild down 3-0.  This is the year the Blues get it done

19 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Monreal will beat them.  But the St Louis Blues, my second favorite team, is going to win the whole thing.  I have bet them back in August in Vegas. They have the Wild down 3-0.  This is the year the Blues get it done

Rangers played their worst game of the season yesterday. They were nothing short of pathetic. 

On 4/17/2017 at 1:34 PM, zepscoda said:

Rangers played their worst game of the season yesterday. They were nothing short of pathetic. 

http://buffalonews.com/2017/04/20/sabres-fire-murray-bylsma/

Can you believe this?  Problems between Eichel and Byslma reported yesterday and now both get a walk to the executioner.

SABRES FIRE COACH AND GM.  BYLSMA AND MURRAY!!!!!!!!  HEADS ROLL

On 4/17/2017 at 1:15 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Mrs Walter and Walter Jr would be very happy, as well as my in-laws, with your predicted outcome.  But, I'm not going to hold my breath based on past precedent.  

12 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

http://buffalonews.com/2017/04/20/sabres-fire-murray-bylsma/

Can you believe this?  Problems between Eichel and Byslma reported yesterday and now both get a walk to the executioner.

SABRES FIRE COACH AND GM.  BYLSMA AND MURRAY!!!!!!!!  HEADS ROLL

I can see Lindy back there as coach or GM

Rangers / Montreal OT was heart stopping!

Chicago is out.... swept!

images-1.jpg

8 hours ago, zepscoda said:

New_York_Rangers_90th_Anniversary_logo.png

s-l225.jpg

The Rangers have Lundquist and that is about it this year.  I do not see them winning the next round. But if they do, no way can they beat the winner of Wash and Pitt.  And I pick Washington.  I love the Blues in the West.  I picked the Blues to win the Cup last August.  Have the ticket I bought in Vegas.  I intend to cash it.

3 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

The Rangers have Lundquist and that is about it this year.  I do not see them winning the next round. But if they do, no way can they beat the winner of Wash and Pitt.  And I pick Washington.  I love the Blues in the West.  I picked the Blues to win the Cup last August.  Have the ticket I bought in Vegas.  I intend to cash it.

No doubt,  Lunqvist is there best weapon, and he'll need to play like the greatest goalie on earth in order for the Rangers to make it past Washington or Pittsburgh.  Next we play the winner of the Boston / Ottawa series , and can't take either of them lightly.  The Rangers can look really good or really bad as if they are sleep walking out there. 

75f2034391c8351ff5e0eea910272ac6.jpg

12 hours ago, ebk said:

Caps escape...only to have to meet the Penguins next.  That never ends well...

The Caps have the best chance to stop Cindy & the Pens. That was a great game yesterday ...hope we see you in the Eastern Conference Final...

Let's go Rangers!

7 hours ago, zepscoda said:

The Caps have the best chance to stop Cindy & the Pens. That was a great game yesterday ...hope we see you in the Eastern Conference Final...

Let's go Rangers!

MY take is Ottawa wis a tough series and then gets beat by the winner of Wash and Pitt.  I am taking Washington in 6 as I believe they are far more stable on defense than Pittsburgh.  The team that will hoist the Cup, and they are the most deserving by far, are the St Louis Blues   Write it in my blood.  Nobody will stop the St Louis Blues from winning this thing.  They have the balance.  The best goalie right now is Jake Allen.  The best defense is in St Louis.   They are playing as a unit better than any team and beat the only team I feared, the Wild.  Teresenko is a superstar.  They have Berglund, Stastny, Swartz, Sabotkva, Steenn and the guy I a picking to be the MVP.  Pietrangelo.  The most underated defesnseman in the game and one complete hockey player that can score, pinch, check, think  and do it all.  He took out Parise at the end of game 5 to send them a message.  And if you need a complete stopper type of defenseman you have Bowmeester.  St Louis is loaded. And peaking at the right time.  Now I know about Nashville taking out Chicago.  But if you noticed, it was not really Chicago.  Not the Hawks we have seen win 3 Cups.  They were a compete mess.  No coordination and burned out from playing so many games in so many years.  It does catch you to you.  Ask the LA Kings.  Ask the Dallas Stars.  Things have fallen perfectly for the Blues.  No Chicago and no San Jose.  But they will have to beat a tough Ducks team and to me, that will be more difficult than disposing of Nashville.  Nashville are a good checking and decent defensive team but do not have the weapons that a team like St Louis has.  They do not have a guy like Teresenko.  Teresenko and Allen together can be the difference.  Add Pietrangelo and those other stars and you have a team built to win the Cup.  And that is exactly what they are going to do

Archived