Glenn Hughes

The Pagemeister

6 hours ago, kingzoso said:

From what I know, John Bonham almost tried to kill Glen Hughes because Glen Hughes supposedly "slept" with Pat Bonham. 

Where did you ever hear such tabloid trash? You really believe Jason Bonham would have worked with him if there was any truth to it? Come on, man.

3 hours ago, Thomasw536 said:

Where's Jason? Busy making money off his dad and living in the past.  Sad.

3 hours ago, Thomasw536 said:

No.  There is no truth to this whatsoever.  Please research before you post

Never have two quoted posts been so appropriate. 

9 hours ago, ZosoAddict said:

He killed in Trapeze and Deep Purple MK III and IV. His voice is still great after all these years.

I never quite understood why he was allowed to share live vocal duties with Coverdale in DP.  Some of his commentary to the audience between songs is really asinine as well.  That said, his musical legacy is very impressive. 

22 hours ago, kingzoso said:

From what I know, John Bonham almost tried to kill Glen Hughes because Glen Hughes supposedly "slept" with Pat Bonham. 

Don't know if this is true, anything is possible however I would find it quite funny if true, after all, Bonzo was no celibate on the road so if Pat did have a liaison while Johnny Boy was out plowing the fields...good for her. 

Whats good for the goose ya know

49 minutes ago, IpMan said:

Don't know if this is true, anything is possible however I would find it quite funny if true, after all, Bonzo was no celibate on the road so if Pat did have a liaison while Johnny Boy was out plowing the fields...good for her. 

Whats good for the goose ya know

First of all, I should have said, from what I've read.  I think it was from "When Giants Walked the Earth" (I could be mistaken).  Anyway from what I remember reading, John Bonham came back from a tour ('75 or '77?) and had a suspicion that Glenn Hughes had "been" with his wife Pat.  This apparently sent Bonzo into a massive fury that he was heard to say that He wanted to kill Glen Hughes. 

Again, I could be wrong but I do not have to research anything.  How does anyone who does not like this post think that I am wrong?  Maybe I am right and you are wrong?  Who's to say.  I Love Led Zeppelin as much as anybody on this awesome forum, I try to not disparage anyone with what they post or what their opinions might be (I probably have in the past and I admit this, though I try not to anymore). 

My thought is, why would my original post offend anyone?  I don't really care who John Bonham or Pat Bonham "slept" with.  I wasn't there and could care less what happen between who and who and so and so. 

8 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

I never quite understood why he was allowed to share live vocal duties with Coverdale in DP.  Some of his commentary to the audience between songs is really asinine as well.  That said, his musical legacy is very impressive. 

My thought too, there's moments on "Burn" "Stormbringer" and "Come Taste the Band" that really grate when Hughes opens his gob, then there's when he screeches like a banshee on the live "Georgia on My Mind", fucking dreadful....Can't stand his voice..

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 10:58 PM, JohnOsbourne said:

From what I have read, I think Glenn thought that he would play bass and sing as well. DC was an unknown working in a clothing store when DP advertised for a replacement for Gillan. I am a bit partial. I have always been more of a MK III and MK IV man myself.

12 hours ago, ZosoAddict said:

From what I have read, I think Glenn thought that he would play bass and sing as well. DC was an unknown working in a clothing store when DP advertised for a replacement for Gillan. I am a bit partial. I have always been more of a MK III and MK IV man myself.

Tend to agree, Burn is DP's best album and Blackmore's playing was at it's best in this period.  MK II is obviously legendary, but the MK IV lineup with Tommy Bolin is unfortunately neglected.

13 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Tend to agree, Burn is DP's best album and Blackmore's playing was at it's best in this period.  MK II is obviously legendary, but the MK IV lineup with Tommy Bolin is unfortunately neglected.

While I think Burn is a great album, Machine Head is better, IMHO. Can't go wrong either way.

13 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Tommy Bolin is one of my Top 5 favorite guitar players. 'Come Taste the Band" has stood the test of time, imho. I was furious that the Rock Hall shunned him when DP was finally inducted.

Glenn himself told the story about Bonzo believing he'd slept with Pat (which Glenn denied doing) - and about Bonzo later punching him without any warning at the Song Remains The Same premiere in Birmingham in 1976. Glenn said he loved Bonzo and all this broke his heart as it was the last time he ever saw Bonham and he was never able to resolve it with him. I think Glenn said all this in Barney Hoskins' Trampled Underfoot, but I haven't got it to hand so can't be sure. 

Edited by Brigante

2 hours ago, Brigante said:

Glenn himself told the story about Bonzo believing he'd slept with Pat (which Glenn denied doing) - and about Bonzo later punching him without any warning at the Song Remains The Same premiere in Birmingham in 1976. Glenn said he loved Bonzo and all this broke his heart as it was the last time he ever saw Bonham and he was never able to resolve it with him. I think Glenn said all this in Barney Hoskins' Trampled Underfoot, but I haven't got it to hand so can't be sure. 

As much as I admire the musical acumen of both Bonzo and Hughes, Bonzo struck me as the extremely paranoid sort--his frame of mind most likely brought about by his heavy drinking. 

16 hours ago, Houses of the Holy said:

As much as I admire the musical acumen of both Bonzo and Hughes, Bonzo struck me as the extremely paranoid sort--his frame of mind most likely brought about by his heavy drinking. 

Bono, paranoid.....how do you work that one out.....where is your evidence... You are talking absolute bollox.