4-1-71 Paris Theatre, drastically different mixes?

messengers

I've done some Google searches on why there are two different mixes for this show; one with the hard panned guitar and vocals (I believe the most common one found on boots) and the more centered mix that is on the 1997 official release. There is also some nasty vocal distortion in spots in the more hard panned mix that is not present in the more centered mix. The only other versions I know of that has the more centered mix are an FM taping from a Japanese rebroadcast and the Last Stand Disc which presents both mixes.

Is there a version of the more centered mix that would have been sourced from pre-FM? Or is it all recorded from FM? Thanks

The Last Stand set was recorded on 3/28/71. It's Pre-FM and IMO the best out there. 

Liquid Led did London Calling but it was (for me) a disappointment. They usually do a great job bringing  JPJ s bass forward. Other than that it may be what your looking for I think it is sourced from Last Stand. Clean as a whistle and not off balance.

Hope this helps.

LOL. Not since the new release states it was recorded and broadcast on 4/1/71.

The Last Stand package clearly notes it was recorded on 3/28/71.

The Liquid Led version is a net only release. Just like the Winston Remasters.

Winston is great at improving poorer quality boots. Liquid Led embellishes better quality boots. I really like the way they remix JPJ s bass.

i gave Liquid Led London Calling another careful listen at lower volume and through headphones with an amp connected and it sounds clean. 

Perhaps they corrected the glitch.

Archived