Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
dpat

Odd edit on Compilation Houses of the Holy (rough mix)?

dpat   

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone found it odd and may even have a possible explanation for the vocal edit on the Compilation version of "Houses of the Holy (Rough Mix)," specifically the "Satan and man" bit (or, as I believe it to be, "Slide on down").  The compilation version just has a blip of the first syllable of that line.  Kind of strange.  Makes me wonder.

Thanks,

Dpat

IpMan   
4 hours ago, dpat said:

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone found it odd and may even have a possible explanation for the vocal edit on the Compilation version of "Houses of the Holy (Rough Mix)," specifically the "Satan and man" bit (or, as I believe it to be, "Slide on down").  The compilation version just has a blip of the first syllable of that line.  Kind of strange.  Makes me wonder.

Thanks,

Dpat

Just speculation but maybe the rough mix was not complete lyric wise, or, Robert added the line for the final recording.

tmtomh   

The way it sounds to me is that the vocal take was complete - I believe it's the same vocal take as in the final album version. I think this rough mix simply clips that part of his vocal. In other words, it was a mixing error, and at the time it didn't matter because it was just a rough mix Page used on the way to them getting the final mix they wanted.