Jimmy Page and Joe Elliott to appear at Classic Rock Awards

sam_webmaster

1 hour ago, Kokugikan said:

... Maybe nobody had the balls to tell him what happened afterwards , the negative articles and TV coverage in Japan, fans comments here and elsewhere etc...  Sometimes I wish at least his kids or girlfriend or a real friend could read this thread (or similar ones) and tell him. But no, he's probably living in a rarefied bubble now , where this distractive noise is filtered out, where it is taken for granted that repeatedly saying "I will perform" and not doing so is OK, where only sycophants are allowed and even appearing as headliner and not playing has become normal... who knows... 

Ross Halfin is a co-organizer, so you can bet Page is aware of the fall out.

25 minutes ago, Boleskinner said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he retreats from public life more and more as he gets older.

After this embarrassing cluster fuck, I recommend it.

I think you're right Boleskinner. Good for him if he can retire in wealth and pleasure, I don't deny him that of course.

But then JP, please, just don't dangle a carrot every now and then and take part more or less knowingly in schemes whose sole purpose seems to milk the fans even more (and yes , to some degree I include the re-re-issues in that).  

I guess that's all I have to say on this forum and will move on now...

Hey lets see the bright side: at least I can say to my future grand-children that I saw Jimmy  Page on stage ! (-: 

7 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

9 hours ago, Kokugikan said:

... Maybe nobody had the balls to tell him what happened afterwards , the negative articles and TV coverage in Japan, fans comments here and elsewhere etc...  Sometimes I wish at least his kids or girlfriend or a real friend could read this thread (or similar ones) and tell him. But no, he's probably living in a rarefied bubble now , where this distractive noise is filtered out, where it is taken for granted that repeatedly saying "I will perform" and not doing so is OK, where only sycophants are allowed and even appearing as headliner and not playing has become normal... who knows... 

Ross Halfin is a co-organizer, so you can bet Page is aware of the fall out.

7 hours ago, Boleskinner said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he retreats from public life more and more as he gets older.

After this embarrassing cluster fuck, I recommend it.

Maybe your the one that should be embarrassed? You went from "that dog won't hunt" to seeing  Jimmy Page's name on a poster and instantly turned into Fan Boy # 1. :D 

13 minutes ago, juxtiphi said:

Very Very deceptive cover suggesting a great story regarding these three and the show.

I doubt we will get  an ''Angloized''(?) version of that cover here in the UK when the next issue comes out on the 30th.. "Jimmy, Joe & Johnny" wtf !!! is the target audience twelve year old girls...

3 hours ago, bluecongo said:

IMG_2273.JPG

"The show of the year"? :hysterical:

You'd have to be pretty sad to think a canned award show was the "show of the year". I guess the Japanese are pretty gullible to that kind of hype. Classic Rock magazine seems to think so...they are holding the awards in Japan again next year.

5 hours ago, blindwillie127 said:

Maybe your the one that should be embarrassed? You went from "that dog won't hunt" to seeing  Jimmy Page's name on a poster and instantly turned into Fan Boy # 1. :D 

That dog won't hunt, now we know he's terminally hopeless as a performing artist. I have nothing to be embarrassed about. All I do is win.  

5 hours ago, bluecongo said:

IMG_2273.JPG

Page stiffed everyone and they put him on the center of the cover. What a fucking joke.

2 hours ago, Strider said:

"The show of the year"? :hysterical:

You'd have to be pretty sad to think a canned award show was the "show of the year". I guess the Japanese are pretty gullible to that kind of hype. Classic Rock magazine seems to think so...they are holding the awards in Japan again next year.

I don't think anyone from Southern California -- the (over)hype center of the universe -- is in a position to lecture others on hype. 

They're holding the Classic Rock Awards in Tokyo for the next four years because it's a huge market, an awesome place to be and the concept has already sort of run it's course in the UK. 

40 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

I don't think anyone from Southern California -- the (over)hype center of the universe -- is in a position to lecture others on hype. 

They're holding the Classic Rock Awards in Tokyo for the next four years because it's a huge market, an awesome place to be and the concept has already sort of run it's course in the UK. 

You didn't see me going all gaga over Jimmy's appearance and spending thousands of dollars to fly to Tokyo on the flimsiest of pretenses that Jimmy was going to play, did you? No...because when you live in the center of the hurricane you are immune to that crap.

As for the "concept", it has run its course everywhere. Rich old fart musicians gladhanding and celebrating each other's past glories from decades ago is tiresome. The whole idea of "Classic Rock" is part of the problem.

7 hours ago, blindwillie127 said:

to leading the Lynch mob telling him to go into hiding once the event turned into a "cluster fuck" .. 

A side note

when did the term "Japs" become acceptable?? Did I miss something? I feel like we hit a time warp and it's 1945 again.. wtf... 

3 minutes ago, the chase said:

to leading the Lynch mob telling him to go into hiding once the event turned into a "cluster fuck" .. 

A side note

when did the term "Japs" become acceptable?? Did I miss something? I feel like we hit a time warp and it's 1945 again.. wtf... 

It's not and that was kinda my point. But maybe the irony was "lost in translation". If so I apologize to your Japanese friends and family. (-: 

I would be the one thanking Steve here: after all we had 3+ hours of an overall very good show (despite the disappointing finale) and thanks partly to his efforts we'll get a refund (I shamelessly piggy back on this). So hey, life's good. Thanks Jimmy also, why not ...

Just now, Kokugikan said:

It's not and that was kinda my point. But maybe the irony was lost. If so I apologize to your Japanese friends and family. 

Thank you for explaining. Figured that might be the case. But, it popped up here a couple of times and startled me a bit.. 

36 minutes ago, Strider said:

You didn't see me going all gaga over Jimmy's appearance and spending thousands of dollars to fly to Tokyo on the flimsiest of pretenses that Jimmy was going to play, did you? No...because when you live in the center of the hurricane you are immune to that crap.

Another armchair quarterback who insists he saw the play before it happened AND is too cool for school. Whatever. By his own prior admission he was pretty much oblivious to this event as it isn't in his area code.   

5 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

I said he should stay home...meaning don't come back.

Well ok.. after this cluster fuck you recommended he retreat from public life.  Pretty safe to say he won't take your advice.

I get your pissed Steve, and the concert attendees deserve an explanation.. from Jimmy Page himself.

37 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

Another armchair quarterback who insists he saw the play before it happened AND is too cool for school. Whatever. By his own prior admission he was pretty much oblivious to this event as it isn't in his area code.   

Like I explained before, that poster didn't fool me a bit. Since it doesn't explicitly say "Live performance by Jimmy Page", you can complain all you want but their lawyers will win in court if it goes that far.

I am not going to apologize for having a healthy dose of skepticism when it comes to Jimmy Page performing. You are the one acting like Jimmy stole your lunch money and launching a one-man jihad.

I'm sorry if you feel duped but you're taking it a little too personally, don't you think? Especially since we don't have all the facts yet...like Jimmy's side of the story, for instance.

It was not a "one man jihad", many many people complained here, including lawyers and journalists who became quite vocal about it. And believe me you need to go quite far in pissing off people here for them to react like that.  But of course if you saw this coming then congratulations , you're awesome, and we are all dummies for trusting too much that among two headliners , well, the two would play. 

1 hour ago, Kokugikan said:

I would be the one thanking Steve here: after all we had 3+ hours of an overall very good show (despite the disappointing finale) and thanks partly to his efforts we'll get a refund (I shamelessly piggy back on this). So hey, life's good. Thanks Jimmy also, why not ...

Won't happen here (thankfulness). It's wall to wall Page apologists and provincial snobs.

1 hour ago, the chase said:

i will add that magazine cover is pretty annoying. Jeff Beck played and should appear not Jimmy. 

They probably intend to have a Jeff Beck cover to coincide with his Japanese tour in January 2017. Jeff didn't permit his awards show performance to be filmed by Classic Rock either.

45 minutes ago, the chase said:

Well ok.. after this cluster fuck you recommended he retreat from public life.  Pretty safe to say he won't take your advice.

I get your pissed Steve, and the concert attendees deserve an explanation.. from Jimmy Page himself.

I'm not pissed at all, just beyond fed up, thus I don't even need an explanation.

24 minutes ago, Strider said:

Like I explained before, that poster didn't fool me a bit. Since it doesn't explicitly say "Live performance by Jimmy Page", you can complain all you want but their lawyers will win in court if it goes that far.

I am not going to apologize for having a healthy dose of skepticism when it comes to Jimmy Page performing. You are the one acting like Jimmy stole your lunch money and launching a one-man jihad.

I'm sorry if you feel duped but you're taking it a little too personally, don't you think? Especially since we don't have all the facts yet...like Jimmy's side of the story, for instance.

There's more to this than that poster but I'm mot going to waste my time explaining it to you. Their lawyers won't win in court because I have already won in the court of public opinion. You may have missed my post that discounted tickets for next year's event or a full refund for this year's event are being offered thru December 20th 2016 to all 8,000 attendees.  

Archived