Jimmy Page and Joe Elliott to appear at Classic Rock Awards

sam_webmaster

Hey guys, sorry for keeping popping up here but I think I got the final explanation : on Ross Halfin's blog I noticed this pic. 

Now I get it: Jimmy's guitar was just a chocolate cake. Aaaaaargl what an oversight. Too bad, really. Well I hope it was at least a good one. 

image.jpeg

38 minutes ago, Kokugikan said:

Hey guys, sorry for keeping popping up here but I think I got the final explanation : on Ross Halfin's blog I noticed this pic. 

Now I get it: Jimmy's guitar was just a chocolate cake. Aaaaaargl what an oversight. Too bad, really. Well I hope it was at least a good one. 

Good grief, he even watermarks it as if there is unprecedented demand to appropriate the use of a picture of Jimmy Page's cake.

37 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

Good grief, he even watermarks it as if there is unprecedented demand to appropriate the use of a picture of Jimmy Page's cake.

I beg to disagree: there's a big market here for pastry-related magazines and receipe books etc... 

Maybe a good career move for JP and RH?  Maybe the next cover of So Good magazine? (Japanese edition, if any) 

http://www.sogoodmagazine.com

4 minutes ago, Kokugikan said:

I beg to disagree: there's a big market here for pastry-related magazines and receipe books etc... 

Maybe a good career move for JP and RH?  Maybe the next cover of So Good magazine? (Japanese edition, if any) 

http://www.sogoodmagazine.com

Page's career just ended, and Halfin's probably should.

poster_zps88piidfq.jpg

Promotional poster displayed throughout the venue.

6 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

Page's career just ended, and Halfin's probably should.

poster_zps88piidfq.jpg

Promotional poster displayed throughout the venue.

Slot Machine should have been on top. I'm not joking, I thought they were the ones still representing true RandR spirit : young , raw, hungry etc. OK they're from Thailand and the singer is not exactly Plant or Jagger material looks-wise. But I found he had a killer voice. 

3 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

There's more to this than that poster but I'm mot going to waste my time explaining it to you. Their lawyers won't win in court because I have already won in the court of public opinion. You may have missed my post that discounted tickets for next year's event or a full refund for this year's event are being offered thru December 20th 2016 to all 8,000 attendees.  

I am only going to address your post and then I am done with this thread. This awards brouhaha will be forgotten in a year's time anyway, and I am ready to forget about it now. Jeff Beck doesn't even make the cover of the magazine? Perhaps it's Classic Rock's way of retaliation for Beck not allowing his performance to be filmed? What a mess all around.

Yes I missed your post. Congratulations on your time and effort getting a response from TeamRock and associated bozos and getting the people who felt aggrieved at least some sort of compensation. I would advise those people to take the full refund. Why take a chance on being burned again next year?

Yes, it appears you have won in the court of public opinion. But we all know that the court of public opinion does not matter in a court of law. With all the talk on this thread of "fraud" and taking the award organizers (and even Jimmy?) to court, I was merely trying to point out that it doesn't matter what you thought was going to happen. Did anyone explicitly promise that Jimmy Page was going to perform at the show aside from handing out an award? The poster does not promise a performance. Nor do I recall any statement from Jimmy Page saying he was going to perform. Did any of the organizers or promoters state that Jimmy Page was going to play guitar at the show? If they didn't, then there's no case. If they did, then it comes down to whether they are lying or that Jimmy did agree to perform and then backed out. Without Jimmy Page himself coming forward with his side, it is all conjecture at this point in time.

That is all I need to say. How this will play out with his fans in the coming days will depend on how Jimmy Page handles it...whether he is forthcoming with his side or if he chooses to ignore it and keep silent.

P.S. I just had another look at the new Classic Rock magazine cover. What the fuck is that on Joe Perry's face? And can someone please introduce a little colour into Jimmy's wardrobe? The all-black schtick is getting as redundant as his constant promises of new music.

44 minutes ago, Strider said:

Congratulations on your time and effort getting a response from TeamRock and associated bozos and getting the people who felt aggrieved at least some sort of compensation.

+1 Yes, well done Steve!

The poster who said Slot Machine should have had top billing is not kidding, and I mean that in the least obvious manner. This whole event was a huge gamble insofar as the fans were concerned and as Strider mentioned, nothing was promised, no one said Jimmy would play. Instead some sketchy promotor (and friend) laid the breadcrumbs and the eager fans just gobbled them up right to a BS event at insane prices. That's the insanity of the whole thing, they used basic advertising tricks to bamboozle the punters and now everyone is pissed.

Caveat Emptor mutherfuckers.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

I am only going to address your post and then I am done with this thread. This awards brouhaha will be forgotten in a year's time anyway, and I am ready to forget about it now. Jeff Beck doesn't even make the cover of the magazine? Perhaps it's Classic Rock's way of retaliation for Beck not allowing his performance to be filmed? What a mess all around.

Yes I missed your post. Congratulations on your time and effort getting a response from TeamRock and associated bozos and getting the people who felt aggrieved at least some sort of compensation. I would advise those people to take the full refund. Why take a chance on being burned again next year?

Yes, it appears you have won in the court of public opinion. But we all know that the court of public opinion does not matter in a court of law. With all the talk on this thread of "fraud" and taking the award organizers (and even Jimmy?) to court, I was merely trying to point out that it doesn't matter what you thought was going to happen. Did anyone explicitly promise that Jimmy Page was going to perform at the show aside from handing out an award? The poster does not promise a performance. Nor do I recall any statement from Jimmy Page saying he was going to perform. Did any of the organizers or promoters state that Jimmy Page was going to play guitar at the show? If they didn't, then there's no case. If they did, then it comes down to whether they are lying or that Jimmy did agree to perform and then backed out. Without Jimmy Page himself coming forward with his side, it is all conjecture at this point in time.

That is all I need to say. How this will play out with his fans in the coming days will depend on how Jimmy Page handles it...whether he is forthcoming with his side or if he chooses to ignore it and keep silent.

P.S. I just had another look at the new Classic Rock magazine cover. What the fuck is that on Joe Perry's face? And can someone please introduce a little colour into Jimmy's wardrobe? The all-black schtick is getting as redundant as his constant promises of new music.

The preponderance of evidence to support a civil suit for fraud and/or false advertising against the organizers and/or promoter is well beyond a reasonable doubt. First, there are the promotional materials that clearly show Jimmy Page billed as  a co-headliner directly beneath "Live Performance". Secondly, there are the supplemental promotional materials at the venue reinforcing the theme . There are also the tertiary promotional materials (press releases and official website content) that categorized Jimmy Page as "performing artist" at this event and that it would be a "once in a lifetime occasion". Additionally, there are comments Page had expressed publicly and privately during his last visit that would lead Japanese consumers to believe he was at long last going to honor his word. Does anyone remember honor? Finally, we have the statement (since retracted) from Senada-san with K-Lab attesting that Page was contracted to perform and equipment was procured for that purpose.

Bear in mind if they had left this matter unsettled Japanese prosecutors can elect to detain anyone involved now or in the future and that Japanese prosecutors have a successful prosecution rate well above 90%. 

Having said all that, the real bottom line here is he failed to perform--again. Unless I'm mistaken, he'll finish the year with zero for 2016. Time to focus time, effort, attention and $$$ on more promising prospects.   

51 minutes ago, IpMan said:

Caveat Emptor mutherfuckers.

Yes, of course but industry standards still apply.

8 minutes ago, Boleskinner said:

As Woody Allen said, "Those who can't do, teach, and those who can't teach, teach gym, and those who can't teach gym, hand out awards..."

Excellent! (And I finally understood the Quote thing , or it understood me , whatever) 

22 hours ago, bluecongo said:
3 hours ago, Kokugikan said:

Moral of the story, from another rock' n roll band...

Please don't put your life in the hands
Of a Rock 'n' Roll band
Who'll throw it all away

Or, another "Moral of the story" could be: The next time you see Page's name on a poster (in Japan), or when he say's he plans on doing a project "next year", try not to wet your panties.  Just chuckle, and try to get on with your life.;)

19 hours ago, Strider said:

Like I explained before, that poster didn't fool me a bit. Since it doesn't explicitly say "Live performance by Jimmy Page", you can complain all you want but their lawyers will win in court if it goes that far.

I am not going to apologize for having a healthy dose of skepticism when it comes to Jimmy Page performing. You are the one acting like Jimmy stole your lunch money and launching a one-man jihad.

I'm sorry if you feel duped but you're taking it a little too personally, don't you think? Especially since we don't have all the facts yet...like Jimmy's side of the story, for instance.

Jimmy's side of the story,

"I'd like to be seen playing live again, but don't expect it to happen any time soon".:chickeddance:

8 hours ago, blindwillie127 said:

Or, another "Moral of the story" could be: The next time you see Page's name on a poster (in Japan), or when he say's he plans on doing a project "next year", try not to wet your panties.  Just chuckle, and try to get on with your life.;)

Oh no! I will gladly go again (for the other musicians on the poster). Then when he comes on stage I would shout " yay! Great award giving gesture Jim! And your award giving speech rocks! You're a rock awards God Jimmy! Encore!" . Then I would get a refund. Life's good! (-: 

As for Jimmy Page not "performing". The first clue was no official announcement via a press conference or on his or this official website.

I noticed a certain member here blowing his own trumpet, again. They'd do well to remember, Self praise is no recommendation.

I think the Japanese, have more urgent things to worry about than a musician not performing at an over-hyped awards event.

Fukashima comes to mind. Btw, what kind of fuckwit decides to construct a nuclear reactor near the coast, on an island in a country renowned for extreme seismic activity, in the first place!?

Carry on.......

3 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

^^^

Look what the cat dragged in. A phrase comes to mind: "Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove any doubt".

You'd know all about that. You've made into an artform.

Now we can turn our attention to Page possibly attending the EMP 2016 Founders Award event, held on December 8 in Seattle, in honour of Joe Walsh.

Page was recently pictured buying a cup of hot Joe in Seattle, so will he play a spell-binding set or hand out a gong? 

The story continues...  :D :D :D

2 hours ago, Boleskinner said:

Page was recently pictured buying a cup of hot Joe in Seattle, so will he play a spell-binding set or hand out a gong? 

That says it all, really. We're not discussing a new album or upcoming gigs. No, Page is so inactive at this point that buying a cup of coffee generates internet discussion.    

36 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

That says it all, really. We're not discussing a new album or upcoming gigs. No, Page is so inactive at this point that buying a cup of coffee generates internet discussion.    

Steve, I'm sure you'll appreciate I was being tongue in cheek! ha ha. But yes, it did make it onto the Led Zep twitter news feed.

Just trying to lighten the mood a bit, before we have a virtual re-inactment of Pearl Harbour on the forum!

24 minutes ago, Boleskinner said:

Steve, I'm sure you'll appreciate I was being tongue in cheek! ha ha. But yes, it did make it onto the Led Zep twitter news feed.

Just trying to lighten the mood a bit, before we have a virtual re-inactment of Pearl Harbour on the forum!

Yeah, I saw it. I'd be surprised if hangs there for three weeks...perhaps he'll return for it. He's quite busy you know...watching the neighbor's home renovations and thumbing through catalogs of 18th century opium boxes.

Archived