Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
ledzepfvr

Vibraharp, or vibraphone, if you will

Does anyone play this instrument?  I recently acquired my grandfather's 1929 Deagen vibraharp and since I am the keeper of this not so ordinary instrument ,I want to learn to play it. I wish I had shown more interest when he was alive but did enjoy listening to his beautiful playing at Christmas and Easter. I came across this video as my inspiration to set a goal.

Edited by ledzepfvr
Spelling

I do not but I dig it, seeing you post this last night made me pull this up.

Edited by luvlz2

Excellent....I have been watching a lot of videos of playing and techniques. It is definitely a coordinated art getting used to the 4 mallet manipulation and using my left hand. Oh and learning music theory from the beginning.  

Tocatta....rather long but very cool.  if only I can get so good.

Edited by ledzepfvr

Thought I would post a pic of my vibraharp. Not a great one as the notepad does not have a flash. Couldn't get the cool  pearlized celluloid trim. 

Bought a book...Idiots guide to music theory . Leaning a lot. Focusing on songs for Christmas. The little drummer boy is one of my favorites and not to difficult.

IMG_20161024_192106.jpg

So I've been learning 3Christmas songs. Little drummer boy, Deck the halls and we wish you a merry christmas. Gonna leave it at that for now. Don't want to overwhelm myself. 

I found two books to put on my Christmas list. One is Christmas songs and I found a virbraharp  book of Beatles songs. Now if I could find Led Zeppelin on the vibraharp I'd be a real happy girl.  Think Jimmy would consider arranging it. Songs I'd like .....Stairway to heaven and Thank you.  What other songs would be good?

Another song for my Led Zeppelin on the Vibraharp book .....

All of my love .

Been practicing three months for the holiday season. My first recital will be at the family party Christmas Eve.  Here's a little taste of my progress.

Thanks.  The hubby says I'm coming along pretty good for three months on the vibes.

I wouldn't say my place is posh, but the seen was strategically set in front of the holiday decorations.

Got my Beatles for Vibraphone for Christmas. Time to learn some new songs.

Still waiting for Led Zeppelin for Vibraphone.

IMG_20161228_214646.jpg

Edited by ledzepfvr

So I got the book for Christmas and tried playing a couple of songs. Got discouraged because it's too advanced for me. Didn't play for a couple of weeks. Decided to pick a couple of simpler songs with a goal. America the beautiful and The Star Spangled Banner by 4th of July. Back to practice and patience.