Sock in Plant's pants during TSRTS

charlton

Thanks, I am just drinkin and postin myself. I get a little vocal when I have a few porters. Anyways, I am watching Sick Again from Knebworth 79' and my wife is wanting me to come to bed. Well, I cracked open another and have Achilles Last Stand, In the Evening, and maybe Kashmir till I go to bed.

masallama!

• 10 years later...

was it really a sock?  but I always wondered about the reason he liked to wear feminine clothing? in some ways he seemed to be appealing sexually to both men and women at the same time it with the images he was projecting.  Not claiming that was his intention, but something I always noticed

On 1/15/2018 at 12:45 PM, kipper said:

was it really a sock?  but I always wondered about the reason he liked to wear feminine clothing? in some ways he seemed to be appealing sexually to both men and women at the same time it with the images he was projecting.  Not claiming that was his intention, but something I always noticed

Plant did not start wearing the silly blouses until 72' American tour I believe. This coincided with Bowie & Ziggy Stardust and all the other glam rockers on the scene who were wearing similar clothes. Jimmy would start wearing stage costumes by 73', JPJ would wear whatever looked the most ridiculous and Bonham did not give a single fuck.

Now as far as the "bulge"

3 hours ago, IpMan said:

Plant did not start wearing the silly blouses until 72' American tour I believe. This coincided with Bowie & Ziggy Stardust and all the other glam rockers on the scene who were wearing similar clothes. Jimmy would start wearing stage costumes by 73', JPJ would wear whatever looked the most ridiculous and Bonham did not give a single fuck.

Now as far as the "bulge"

I think Plant and David Lee Roth both liked appealing to both boys and girls, and we know Bowie did for sure.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/15/2018 at 1:45 PM, kipper said:

Back in the late sixties - early seventies it was in vogue for male rock stars to wear feminine clothing ..... look at Keith Richards, David Bowie and others from the time. I think it looked better than what Plant wore at the O2 concert...I think that was rather, not in bad taste but, tasteless. It makes me long for the good old days when Roosters looked like Roosters instead of plain Janes.  As for the sock, they got that look by wearing tight pants and no underwear. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2018 at 2:45 PM, kipper said:

Back in the early 80's, my buddy was a drummer and the singer of his band literally wore girls jeans and looked like a girl from behind. He and his two sisters would all sit at the same makeup table and put their faces on together.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2018 at 12:28 PM, Gospel Zone said:

Back in the late sixties - early seventies it was in vogue for male rock stars to wear feminine clothing ..... look at Keith Richards, David Bowie and others from the time. I think it looked better than what Plant wore at the O2 concert...I think that was rather, not in bad taste but, tasteless. It makes me long for the good old days when Roosters looked like Roosters instead of plain Janes.  As for the sock, they got that look by wearing tight pants and no underwear. 

I understand the fashion of looking bisexual, but there is a point where you are making a movie like TSRTS and it isn't accident that you are trying to show off like that. however just like David Lee Roth the intention is to sexually appeal to both males and females.

1 hour ago, kipper said:

I understand the fashion of looking bisexual, but there is a point where you are making a movie like TSRTS and it isn't accident that you are trying to show off like that. however just like David Lee Roth the intention is to sexually appeal to both males and females.

I always thought it was hilarious. If I were in that position, I would walk out like Jim Belushi in that old SNL skit from 84'..

1 hour ago, IpMan said:

I always thought it was hilarious. If I were in that position, I would walk out like Jim Belushi in that old SNL skit from 84'..

I think that would hurt :yesnod:

1 hour ago, kipper said:

I think that would hurt :yesnod:

Notice who the first woman was. The brunette he left the bar with. A young Julia Louise Dreyfus.

Hubba, hubba!!!

• 4 months later...

when I was younger I was convinced that Plant was bi curious by the way he acted and dressed.  I recall John Lennon making fun of Mick Jagger's way of dancing and calling him a "f*g" which was ironic because John Lennon had experimented with having sex with other men.

i dont know if Plant ever did anything like that, but his on stage persona was clearly metro sexual to use a more modern word for it

47 minutes ago, kipper said:

when I was younger I was convinced that Plant was bi curious by the way he acted and dressed.  I recall John Lennon making fun of Mick Jagger's way of dancing and calling him a "f*g" which was ironic because John Lennon had experimented with having sex with other men.

i dont know if Plant ever did anything like that, but his on stage persona was clearly metro sexual to use a more modern word for it

Yes, there's some effeminacy with Plant, particularly in '73-'77. But I can't name one report of Plant having had sexual relationships with men. I guess you could say that Plant was "in touch" with his feminine side. That's all.

I like Plant's stage costume in '75 and '77.

2 hours ago, kipper said:

when I was younger I was convinced that Plant was bi curious by the way he acted and dressed.

Plant was fucking groupies by the dozens. Even back in the mid '80's that was known (when I first started listening). Whatever he was doing, it was working for him. I don't recall anything every being suggested where he may have been bi. while I saw he dressed in blouses, I never assumed it had anything to do with sexuality as he seemed to me he was just be a Rock God kinda figure. Interesting how you thought that translated into a sexual context like that. Never occurred to me.

On 7/14/2018 at 2:45 PM, rm2551 said:

Plant was fucking groupies by the dozens. Even back in the mid '80's that was known (when I first started listening). Whatever he was doing, it was working for him. I don't recall anything every being suggested where he may have been bi. while I saw he dressed in blouses, I never assumed it had anything to do with sexuality as he seemed to me he was just be a Rock God kinda figure. Interesting how you thought that translated into a sexual context like that. Never occurred to me.

I don't think it takes much imagination to see that Robert Plant was very feminine in his actions, his clothes, and the way  he sang.

75.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Archived