Starting 2019, will Jimmy open the vaults?

drpete

An article in Rolling Stone discusses that after 50 years, the copyright of any recording disappears and can be released by anyone officially unless the artist releases it themselves. Hoping Jimmy cuts loose on any decent recording he has, like Dylan is doing 

I mentioned this a while back, when I first spotted these official bootlegs from Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Velvet Underground, Lou Reed, Tom Petty, and the Rolling Stones hitting the record shops...in both vinyl and cd formats.

If Jimmy Page doesn't take advantage of this, then the floodgates will open like never before starting in 2019.

3 hours ago, drpete said:

An article in Rolling Stone discusses that after 50 years, the copyright of any recording disappears and can be released by anyone officially unless the artist releases it themselves. Hoping Jimmy cuts loose on any decent recording he has, like Dylan is doing 

That holds true unless the copyright is renewed. You can bet Led Zeppelin's will be.

The Vaults are empty.  John Kerry is actually on a special trip to Antarctica and the remaining tapes are being loaded onto a UFO and being transported to the Andromeda Galaxy.   The world is going to burn and be destroyed soon and we'll never get a chance to see hear any of it.

You could argue I spose that the very early days of Zep Page has actually released a good deal of material on the DVD, the reissues and the expanded BBC sessions, besides anything unknown the most obvious future releases would be the Fillore tapes from April and the Texas Pop Festival. The Bath Festval from 1970 is obviously the big one if a good recording of it exists, if so I could definitely see Page putting it out.

We don't know were exactly the SB's from the early days are of course and its still a good few years until the more plentiful stuff from 73 onwards potentially becomes copyright free.

Archived