Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
clashradio

high res FLAC download?

Hello,

I'm somewhat of a Download newbie. Couple of questions; [I've already convert the Zip files to FLAC]

1) why are these downloads in FLAC format as opposed to WAV? Since the quantization is the same (24b/96k) you're not saving any space by being FLAC correct? And as far as I know, any old cd player recognizes WAV. I have a cd player from 1988 and it plays my WAV cd-r's fine.

2) (on my Windows 7/64-bit computer) most of my audio programs don't recognize FLAC.  The only one that does is Audacity. What's the best way to put these FLAC files onto either a DVD-A or BD?

3) rumor has it the High Res download version of Good Times Bad Times/Communication Breakdown from the Paris 10/10/69 show has a time length of 4:05, but I just downloaded it and it's the same as the cd? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I use flac all the time, it is smaller than wav but not by a huge amount.

GTBT/CB is listed as being 4:06 in my winamp playlist

I figured out how to burn to a dvd-a

Ya Wiki lists GTBT/CB at 4:05 for the download, but my download was only 3:52, just like the time on the cd.

You can easily convert FLACs to WAVs using the free software called Trader's Little Helper.  It also makes check sum files.