Our FIRST Annual Forum Holiday Party (December 2016)

SteveAJones

I'll come in through the out door and be keeping an eye on SteveAJones, a good portion of the evening.

Since Steve is the host, I'll make sure he makes the rounds, keeps his eggnog or saki in check, and doesn't flirt too much with any one woman in particular, since many lovely women of the forum will be in attendance.
It will be *equal time* flirtation.
After the fact, I will provide confirmed locations with detailed timelines, and photos when appropriate, of SteveAJones, the rover.

My wife will be keeping her eyes on me.

6 hours ago, jabe said:

I'll come in through the out door and be keeping an eye on SteveAJones, a good portion of the evening.

Since Steve is the host, I'll make sure he makes the rounds, keeps his eggnog or saki in check, and doesn't flirt too much with any one woman in particular, since many lovely women of the forum will be in attendance.
After the fact, I will provide confirmed locations with detailed timelines, and photos when appropriate, of SteveAJones, the rover.

:hysterical:

8 hours ago, jabe said:

A roasting! Why you...

Our song will be Thank You, as that was our wedding song. The Mrs. will be with me. We will bring a bottle of Cabo Wabo tequila with us to share, we will make sure that Mr. Jones has a shot or 2 with us.

For the evening's entertainment we have somehow convinced Sammy & The Circle to perform, hearing great Zep, Sammy, Montrose, & Van Halen tracks.

Wishing all of us, a joyous holiday season.

On 12/4/2016 at 7:15 AM, SteveAJones said:

The purpose of this thread is to announce and hold our first annual end of year holiday party, and the purpose of this virtual event which runs from now until December 31st is to encourage anyone interested to take a moment to reflect on all we have shared here in 2016.

So with that being said, and just for the sake of getting things started, here's one example of what a forum party post could look like:

What's Your Song? (the music to be played upon arrival) Why?    

Are You Accompanied by Anyone or Going Solo?

Who Is Welcome to Join You? Why?

Who, If Anyone, Do You Hope to Catch Beneath the Mistletoe? Why?

What are You Having to Eat? Drink? Why?   

*What Are Some of Your Favorite Threads or Moments Here from 2016? Why?

Care to roast someone? Go for it.

...any other thoughts, ideas, songs, pictures or things you want to share...

Let's make this the best or worst virtual forum party of all time!

:welcome2:

Sorry I am late steve but I was christmas shopping.

The song you should play when I walk in the door is Elton John's the Bitch is back...  haha just kidding.  I would request Jingle Bell Rock by Brian Setzer he is one of my fav guitar players.

I will come solo but maybe I'll meet somebody at the party.

under the mistletoe, no comment

I will be drinking Christmas cosmos all night and would love to see us all sit down at a huge table and be served a gourmet meal with servants and we could all be dressed up like counts and duchesses. While JPJ entertains us all on the mandolin.

We made it.......the Mr. and me finally arrived.  It's a wet and blustery evening out.  Que the music.   We're sauntering in the THE ROVER, my favorite and under played song.

Everybody,  " Just join hands" .  It's so nice to be amongst fellow fanatics here.  I brought a large bottle of Jack Daniels and a case of ginger ale.  I'll be pouring drinks for whomever wants to join me until the bottle is dry.  Excuse me first, I need to wheel in my musical instrument first and set up in the corner.  I've been practicing.  So enjoy my little holiday entertainment or grin and bear it. 

11 hours ago, ledzepfvr said:

We made it.......the Mr. and me finally arrived.  It's a wet and blustery evening out.  Que the music.   We're sauntering in the THE ROVER, my favorite and under played song.

Everybody,  " Just join hands" .  It's so nice to be amongst fellow fanatics here.  I brought a large bottle of Jack Daniels and a case of ginger ale.  I'll be pouring drinks for whomever wants to join me until the bottle is dry.  Excuse me first, I need to wheel in my musical instrument first and set up in the corner.  I've been practicing.  So enjoy my little holiday entertainment or grin and bear it. 

Far out ledzepfvr! You've really been practicing!! I love the sound of that!! Merry Christmas!! :)

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

Thanks.  A thanks to Steve for inviting us to this little shindig. I am enjoying myself. Hope more show up . The more the merrier.

I posted another holiday song in my thread downstairs, musicians corner, if anyone cares to take a gander.

Another drink, why I don't mind if I do. Cheers!

The song for my entrance must be Kashmir. I will come with my Mrs and 2 girls. Food is sausage rolls and grapes. That is what i eat the most of. No alcohol. I never have it. Coffee, water and pop for the youngsters. Little Mix played during the party. For my girls. Though i think they are good tbh. And after a mad time, End it with Everton FC, Grand old team theme as everyone leaves. Perfect.

My entrance music would be any live version of "Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp", preferably one of the LA Forum performances or Earl's Court '75.

Since this is a virtual party, accompanying me will be Brett Potted Plant and Charles Dzldoc.

I'll bring a bottle of Jack Daniels, a bottle of Teacher's, a bottle of Chateaux Margaux, and a bottle of Riesling. But first I will start at the bar with a couple White Russians.

I'm keeping my mistletoe wish to myself.

My entrance music, Fanfare for the Common Man, you'll find me in the garden in smokers corner sharing a couple of fatties with CP, for drink Tea or bottled water...Food. I'll just pick at the buffet...

Edited by JTM