2017 Major League Baseball thread....

paul carruthers

I have said before that the Houston Astros are my second favorite team so I want them to beat the New York Yankees.  If that does not happen, I will be rooting for the Yankees to beat the Chicago Cubs, Washington Nationals or the Los Angeles Dodgers (3 teams that I truly despise), whoever makes it to the 2017 World Series for the National League.

Being a Saint Louis Cardinals fan, I cannot want any Cardinals rival to win the World Series.  

1 hour ago, ebk said:

Let's go Astros!!!!

We may have our differences in the past but I  totally agree with the "Go Astros".  I have many relatives that are Houston Astros fans.  I might even go to Houston and try and and see a Word Series game with one of my Uncles.

7 hours ago, ebk said:

Let's go Astros!!!!

Amen.  But I am for the Dodgers winning it all.  Go Dodgers.   Can't believe Kluber lost.  Houston has pretty much had their way with the Yankees and I expect no different.  To deep.  I want the Astros in this series for sure.  So Girardi must be off the hook now?  They were calling for his head after game two. Stinking Yankees and their arrogant fans

Yankees win, Nats win yesterday--I needed a pill. I guess I have underestimated NY again or I'm still hoping Houston will mop them up. 

As for tonight, I don't know if home cooking will work, but LA has had a few days to sit back and relax, so whoever wins tonight, Kershaw will be ready....

Seems like every guy the Tigers traded is/was in the playoffs....Verlander, Scherzer, Fister, Robbie Ray, Avila, Porcello, Austin Jackson, Justin Wilson, David Price, Andrew Miller, Curtis Granderson......two centerfielders and we played the whole season without one.  :(

Hats off to Sabathia.....that was a heck of an effort !

Gonna be a mistake if Beantown hires Ausmus.  

13 hours ago, kingzoso said:

I have said before that the Houston Astros are my second favorite team so I want them to beat the New York Yankees.  If that does not happen, I will be rooting for the Yankees to beat the Chicago Cubs, Washington Nationals or the Los Angeles Dodgers (3 teams that I truly despise), whoever makes it to the 2017 World Series for the National League.

Being a Saint Louis Cardinals fan, I cannot want any Cardinals rival to win the World Series.  

You have no loyalty to the National League?

13 hours ago, ebk said:

Let's go Astros!!!!

As an Angel fan I disapprove of this message. But I still love you. 😜

11 hours ago, kingzoso said:

We may have our differences in the past but I  totally agree with the "Go Astros".  I have many relatives that are Houston Astros fans.  I might even go to Houston and try and and see a Word Series game with one of my Uncles.

Word. 😜

3 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Yankees win, Nats win yesterday--I needed a pill. I guess I have underestimated NY again or I'm still hoping Houston will mop them up. 

As for tonight, I don't know if home cooking will work, but LA has had a few days to sit back and relax, so whoever wins tonight, Kershaw will be ready....

The key factor is Joe Girardi, in my opinion. He's a rock and underrated as a manager. If Joe Girardi was managing the Orioles instead of Buck, they'd have won something by now.

3 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Seems like every guy the Tigers traded is/was in the playoffs....Verlander, Scherzer, Fister, Robbie Ray, Avila, Porcello, Austin Jackson, Justin Wilson, David Price, Andrew Miller, Curtis Granderson......two centerfielders and we played the whole season without one.  :(

Hats off to Sabathia.....that was a heck of an effort !

Gonna be a mistake if Beantown hires Ausmus.  

Great googly-moogly! I didn't realize the Tigers had traded away so much talent! 😮 How in the hell do you let Scherzer and Verlander go? Who did they get in return for all those players?

Ausmus to Boston? jb126 will have to be put on life-support if that happens. 😧

19 hours ago, kingzoso said:

I highly recommend going to a Series game if the opportunity arises.  I got to go once, in my misspent not-quite-youth, and had a blast! 

7 hours ago, Strider said:

As an Angel fan I disapprove of this message. But I still love you. 😜

My only thought here is I'll never root for those Damn Yankees.  So there.  And I love you too! :) 

17 hours ago, ebk said:

I highly recommend going to a Series game if the opportunity arises.  I got to go once, in my misspent not-quite-youth, and had a blast! 

My only thought here is I'll never root for those Damn Yankees.  So there.  And I love you too! :) 

Everyone loves to hate a winner! :P 

On 10/12/2017 at 8:11 PM, ebk said:

I have actually been to a World Series game when I was 11 years old in Saint Louis.  It was game one against the Milwaukee Brewers.  The Cardinals lost 10-0.  That was 35 years ago but I still remember much of being there in the outfield seats (despite all the drinking and drugs that I did in the last 30 years since then).  

I am going to call one of my 8 uncle's who live in Houston and see if they plan on going to a World Series game if and when the Houston Astros win the America League Championship.  

Besides the fun of watching the actual game last night between the Dodgers and Cubs, we also entertained ourselves by playing "Where's Mary Hart now?"

She kept switching seats throughout the game. At first she was behind home plate in the front row to the right of her husband. Then she moved a few seats to the left. Then she was in the second row next to a long-haired blonde. Then Mary and the blonde were in the front row and her husband was in the second row. Finally, Mary finished the game sitting with her husband in the front row.

I resent them saying that Turner's HR was anything like Kirk Gibson's HR in 1988.  They are wrong.  So there.

And on a totally shallow note, Justin Turner really needs to groom that hair...

1 hour ago, ebk said:

I resent them saying that Turner's HR was anything like Kirk Gibson's HR in 1988.  They are wrong.  So there.

And on a totally shallow note, Justin Turner really needs to groom that hair...

You are right on both counts, but I think that the announcers are just saying all this because the Dodgers haven't been this close to the World Series in over 30 something years.

Where is Rick during all this?  He is as vocal as I am considering the Saint Louis Cardinals.  The Cubs and the Dodger used to be his favorites   I guess he very understand the Houston Astros.

I have complete confidence that the Houston Astros will wiĺl win the 2017 World Series.

On 10/14/2017 at 4:18 PM, kingzoso said:

Great game.  Verlander pitched a great game.

And he gets to go home to Kate Upton. 

15 hours ago, ebk said:

It's not the same. But all I heard them say was that it was the Dodger's first walk-off HR since Kirk Gibson's in 1988 and he did it on the very same date 29 years later. I didn't hear anyone saying they were equal in impact and historical importance. But then, I wasn't watching ESPN.

13 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Where is Rick during all this?  He is as vocal as I am considering the Saint Louis Cardinals.  The Cubs and the Dodger used to be his favorites   I guess he very understand the Houston Astros.

I have complete confidence that the Houston Astros will wiĺl win the 2017 World Series.

I am here cheering for a Dodgers vs Houston series and a Dodgers win.  I have always liked the Dodgers.  Back in the 70s the Dodgers and Orioles were second to none in their farm systems.  Dodgers are going to win it all.  

Archived