2017 Major League Baseball thread....

paul carruthers

Hey King, wee are both at 500 with the same records.  Even though you have less work to do to catch the front runner, the Cubs are starting to look like the Cubs of last year.  Milwaukee being 1 1/2 back is just nuts to me.  We have the Yankees and Tampa in our cross hairs.  Hellickson tonight.  I hope he pitches like he did the first game.  

Suddenly, I'm very interested in this regular season again. The NL Central race, the AL Wild Card, all the trade deadline moves and Verlander still dangling for Houston or anybody who wants him to make a move.

Seems like most pundits have been saying this for the last few seasons, but now it really is World Series or bust for the Dodgers. The AL is still wide open, but here's hoping Boston takes the East again...

12 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Hey King, wee are both at 500 with the same records.  Even though you have less work to do to catch the front runner, the Cubs are starting to look like the Cubs of last year.  Milwaukee being 1 1/2 back is just nuts to me.  We have the Yankees and Tampa in our cross hairs.  Hellickson tonight.  I hope he pitches like he did the first game.  

I know that this was not where we thought both our two teams would be at this point in the season.  Both at 56-56.  You're right about the Cardinals having less a deficit to overcome.  Like I always say, I still believe that the Cardinals will prevail.  Good luck to your Orioles     

The Saint Louis Cardinals have won 6 straight games.  The Cardinals are now just one (1) game behind the Chicago Cubs for first place in the National League Central Division.  What have I always said in this topic:  Never count out the Saint Louis Cardinals.  That is what makes Me proud (and Millions of other STL Cardinals fans proud).  The Saint Louis Cardinals are and have never been a team to count out or dismiss just because of a few missed weeks or because of a bad run. 

I really believe that the Saint Louis Cardinals are back and back enough to regain and overtake the NL Central from the Chicago Cubs. 

10 hours ago, kingzoso said:

The Saint Louis Cardinals have won 6 straight games.  The Cardinals are now just one (1) game behind the Chicago Cubs for first place in the National League Central Division.  What have I always said in this topic:  Never count out the Saint Louis Cardinals.  That is what makes Me proud (and Millions of other STL Cardinals fans proud).  The Saint Louis Cardinals are and have never been a team to count out or dismiss just because of a few missed weeks or because of a bad run. 

I really believe that the Saint Louis Cardinals are back and back enough to regain and overtake the NL Central from the Chicago Cubs. 

I would be shocked if that happened.  The Brewers are also right there but in the end I expect the Cubs have too much.  But they wont beat the Dodgers

Am I the only one who is getting tired of ESPN milking the Cubs World Series to the last drop? Lately, it seems every time I turn on ESPN they are showing that Ring Bearers segment of SC Featured ad nauseam.

12 hours ago, Strider said:

Am I the only one who is getting tired of ESPN milking the Cubs World Series to the last drop? Lately, it seems every time I turn on ESPN they are showing that Ring Bearers segment of SC Featured ad nauseam.

That's because they probably won't win it again til the next millennium.

19 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ Well, hopefully the Dodgers and their payroll will finally come through in October and the World will finally rejoice. I know I will....  :D

I see no stopping the Dodgers.  The Cubs will have to play Washington and the Nats have owned them.  Every time my team gets to 500 they get beat by a run  Tonight Bundy goes so they should win.  But they need a huge run to even have any hope of the wild card  Its not impossible thanks to the floundering Yankees. they have lost a ton of game they were expected to win.  Houston was the choice to win the AL and maybe the Series.  Now they look horrible.  Cleveland is going to win the AL again IMO   Houston has no bullpen either  They should have moved heaven and Earth to get Britton.  Now they will pay the price.

3 hours ago, kingzoso said:

The Saint Louis Cardinals have won 8 games in a row and are currently tied for first place with the Chicago Cubs.  That is all I have to say at this moment. 

BEAT L.A.

On 8/12/2017 at 9:28 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I see no stopping the Dodgers. 

On 8/13/2017 at 1:16 AM, redrum said:

BEAT L.A.

I have one thing to say in response to all the Dodger hype and hoopla...the 2001 Seattle Mariners.

18 hours ago, Strider said:

I have one thing to say in response to all the Dodger hype and hoopla...the 2001 Seattle Mariners.

I do not see that happening.  My only big question is Kershaw?  Will he be ready?  The Cubs have a ton of trouble with the Nats but I am not sure of the severity of Harper's injury.  As for my own team, I wish we had the Cincinatti Reds in our division.  So we blow  another chance at a sweep last night and the game was lost in the 3rd inning when we had the chance to blow it open.  Today I  like our chances.  Then we come home and hopefully put an ass whipping on Oakland and the Angels.

Oh, it sounds like Stanton could be moved by the Marlins?  Those Marlins who have been quietly kicking ass.  As for the AL, we need a winning streak and we can claim that wild card.  Boston can be caught but they have to start to crumble soon.  They have no depth in their pen.  And no scary lineup like when they had Ortiz. Time for some individuals to step up on our team.  We have huge decisions coming. There might be more up side to keeping Beckham at short over Hardy.  I cannot believe I am saying this.  But the kid can hit better than Hardy.  His defense is not quite as good, but its good enough, especially with Manny and Schoop on each side  Speak of Manny, I believe the Orioles will not rest until he is locked in long term.  I wont.  :wakeup: Did I hear Machado? The filthy thieving Yankees are already stockpiling their money to try and steal him from us.

^^^The Yankees are stockpiling $$$ to steal Bryce Harper from the Gnats.

Meanwhile, the majority of Dodger fans in L.A. still cannot watch their team on TV, thanks to the ludicrous pissing-match the Dodgers and satellite cable companies are having over the Dodgervision channel.

Archived