2017 Major League Baseball thread....

paul carruthers

34 minutes ago, ebk said:

What a wonderful birthday game for me last night!!!  Thanks Manny!

Saw the highlights this morning and was thinking about you. Mrs W was next to me, so I was telling her about it. You must've been going crazy with that last one! Birthday wishes from Mrs W as well! 😘

Because it was your birthday, ebk, I didn't get too upset at the Angels losing to your Orioles. Manny came thru for you last night.

But that's all you get haha. Actually, I would not be surprised if the Angels got swept. Trout or no Trout, they are a blah team...and that comes from their passive blah blob of a manager, Mike Scioscia. The one fiery guy they had has now retired. Farewell Jered Weaver.

https://www.halosheaven.com/2017/2/19/14616396/los-angeles-angels-jered-weaver-padres-retired-mlb-retirement-all-time-halos-pitcher

6 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Apparently the Dodgers have more money than God. Or, they are really desperate to get to the World Series...

I think the answer to that is yes

20 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Curtis Granderson from the Mets--no big loss, I guess. The Mets were dead back in April....

What the hell happened to the Mets?

Whew...Angels hold on in the 9th. Take 2 out of 3 from the Orioles. Eat it Rick and ebk! 😜

2 hours ago, Strider said:

Preseason? You're talking about Preseason?!? Phhhffffttt.

Only pure luck saved the Angels yesterday.  Trumbo hits one in the gap and off the wall.  It goes up the wall and finds its way over.  Jones had already crossed home plate.  But he was sent back to third base due to the old ground rule double rule.  He would have scored if the ball had gone straight to Trout.  You guys sucked out.  Instead of 5-4 Orioles you got out of the inning.  I am really fed up with Davis and would trade him in a minute.  I would give Mancini the job.  

The circus was in town in Detroit today between the Yankees and Tigers.  Hit batsmen, bench clearing brawl, started with a fight between Cabrera and Romine.  I wish Cabrera would have given his ass a beat down.  Yankees lost the game 10-6.  Suspensions and fines coming.  Both managers were tossed.  

This run we are on must continue.  We survived Tillman and his awful performance once again.  I say he has started his last game as an Oriole.  As for the rest of the staff, they have improved.  But changes still must be made.  For now we must hit and rely on the pen to pull us through.  A run at the Yankees and Twins.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/the-hot-orioles-and-cold-yankees-are-making-the-al-wild-card-race-interesting/

Check out the standings now King.  My birds have taken flight!!!!:elvis2: 7 in a row.  Yankees swept by the big bad Injuns.   Orioles have found their magic.  Even surviving the horrible starts by Tillman and Jiminez.  Bundy pitch's a gem.  Complete game, 1 hitter, shut out.  The one hit was a bunt.  Hellickson and Gausman on deck.  Beckham really has come through with his bat.  And of course the duo of Machado and Schoop is kicking ass.  Davis is waking up.  Adam Jones is playing great.   Both catchers are playing great.  I hope we make it 8 tomorrow.  Estrada is tough.  Yankees and Red Sox go at it again. The O's sweep in Boston was fabulous.  Go O's

Unless the Yanks make a late charge, most of the division races are "dead." The only drama left seems to be the AL Wild Card--or maybe even the NL; the Brewers are not totally out of it.

But--beyond that--I'm just waiting for the playoffs & whether the Dodgers can cash in...

The Dodgers do seem to be the team this year, I have them penciled in for the WS against the Astros. It remains to be seen if these 2 teams make it. The Cubs & Indians are lurkers & you really can't count either out. I do agree that I'm waiting for the playoffs as well, as there are really very few races left.

On 8/31/2017 at 9:30 PM, ebk said:

Had to lay out the annual fortune on playoff tickets that probably won't get used...  We'll see how it goes.

I have more faith than you Esther.  And so does the media over on CBS and ESPN. The Orioles are being praised and the Yankees just the opposite. A huge series looms Monday in Baltimore.  We win in the 13th inning on the bats of the two most reliable birds, Machado and Schoop.  Trumbo and Beckham and more are coming through. If we can get Davis hot and focused we can shock everyone.  WE are right there.   Boston has not played well, as our sweep in Fenway was proof enough.  Except maybe when they play the Yankees.  I guess I will cheer for Boston today.  I will cheer against them later after they are finished with the Yankees and we see how this series unfolds.  Today we go against a very good pitcher in Stroman.  IMO if he was on a better club, he would  be in the Cy Young race.  So the Yankees will not likely see Gausman who was lights out but will have to see Bundy who is coming off a complete game shut out.  Go O's!!!!  If we can sweep them we can own the number one WC by Wednesday.  The division is still within reach if we can stay hot.  But to do so we have to out hit teams when we send our less than stellar starters to the mound.  Miley has really pitched better of late.   I hope he does well today.  To beat Stroman he will have to.

Well Mark Trumbo, today's hero, was not so fond of being "pied" in the face by Adam at the end when he was at the microphone. He simply walked into the dugout and off the set.  Can't say I blame him.  Sometimes it gets a bit lame.  As Dempsey said, he should get over it by tomorrow.  Chris Sale tonight and Bundy tomorrow for the Yankees.  Angels and Twins losing so some help today.  Go O's!!!!!

Sean, if you read this, do you think if and when the Dodgers get to the Series, they will ask Vin Skully to call the games?  I think it would be great?  And if its Dodgers vs Injuns, I am all in for Dodger Blue

Archived