2017 Major League Baseball thread....

paul carruthers

Wake the fuck up and hit Sabathia's fat ass into oblivion.  Pitch a fucking game Hellickson you prick.  Arizona has won 11 in a row and the Dodgers have lost 9 of 10.  I had to take the D Backs on my Streak contest.  Going for 7.  10 gets me $500 in free play money.  Speaking of which, last Saturday I hit the NY State 4 way number straight.  $2500

Wow, Red Sox caught cheating.  Stealing Yankees signals.  On CBS.  Wonder what this will cost them.  

Didn't see it last night, but Verlander was sharp for Houston. Don't know how he will help them come playoff time, but right now I would think Boston or Cleveland would still have an advantage in a 5 or 7 game series.

The Dodgers current slump might be of concern--not sure. Still have this nagging doubt that LA might still gag come playoff time and hopefully the Nats will, too....

10 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Didn't see it last night, but Verlander was sharp for Houston. Don't know how he will help them come playoff time, but right now I would think Boston or Cleveland would still have an advantage in a 5 or 7 game series.

The Dodgers current slump might be of concern--not sure. Still have this nagging doubt that LA might still gag come playoff time and hopefully the Nats will, too....

I do not think its concerning. I expected it. When you are 50 games over 500 its to be expected.  I took ARizona last night on my Streak contest.  Tonight I flipped the switch and took the Dodgers to wake up and win.  

Machado might have really saved our season with that walk off blast.  Rain out tonight.

On 9/6/2017 at 7:38 AM, paul carruthers said:

Cleveland is going to demolish all comers in the AL.  Nobody can beat them.  The Dodgers have to get back on track.  I thought last night they would.  Layed an egg. Tonight Kershaw goes again.  They need to get the bats going soon.  But there is plenty of time still.  They are almost 50 games above 500 and that is proof enough of their quality.   I think Houston is still vulnerable in the bullpen  If you want to call it a bullpen.  It sucks

2 hours ago, Strider said:

You must be feeling a little schadenfreude! Haha.

Rick, are your Orioles throwing in the towel?

Britton blew his first ever save vs Toronto.  18th time he was asked to do it vs them.  Its clearly not our year.   But if they could simply get on a roll it would not be too late to get the second WC.  We lost two tough one run games in Cleveland.  They are going to be tough.  I still think its going to be Cleveland and the Dodgers.  The Nationals could be trouble?  Nobody will beat Cleveland in the AL

Ok, long overdue move by the Tigers. Bean the filthy umpire!!!!!!  LOL.  The catcher miss's the ball completely.  Unreal.  To me, funny.  Sorry but they have screwed the game up so bad at times.  They tossed the Tigers manager and another player for arguing balls and strikes.

I am going on a limb and picking KC to end Cleveland's run of 21 in a row tonight.  Enough so that I put a few bucks on it. At juicy odds of course. The pitching matchup, KC has a guy that is 7-2 vs a guy with a 500 record, Tomlin.  As for the O's, they likely need to do to the Yankees what they did to the Red Sox.  Sweep on the road.  I know its a long shot indeed.

Ok, long overdue move by the Tigers. Bean the filthy umpire!!!!!!  LOL.  The catcher miss's the ball completely.  Unreal.  To me, funny.  Sorry but they have screwed the game up so bad at times.  They tossed the Tigers manager and another player for arguing balls and strikes.

Well the timing may have worked, but that wasn't intentional.  The bases were loaded and the catcher was a replacement.  Hicks the catcher didn't turn around, but I don't think he knew the umpire was hit.  He went to the mound to get the signals straight with the pitcher.  Of course I will acknowledge that could all be a cover story.  Not really Ausmus' style though.

Nice to see Justin Verlander justifying Houston's move.  Can't ask for more than a couple wins including a 1 - 0 one hit performance.  I mentioned many years ago here that his arm and smooth delivery would let him pitch to 40.  He may be 34, but there's not many guys around that can still crank their 110th pitch at 99 mph.  I'm sure Kate helps the cause.  Go Houston !  

2 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Well the timing may have worked, but that wasn't intentional.  The bases were loaded and the catcher was a replacement.  Hicks the catcher didn't turn around, but I don't think he knew the umpire was hit.  He went to the mound to get the signals straight with the pitcher.  Of course I will acknowledge that could all be a cover story.  Not really Ausmus' style though.

Nice to see Justin Verlander justifying Houston's move.  Can't ask for more than a couple wins including a 1 - 0 one hit performance.  I mentioned many years ago here that his arm and smooth delivery would let him pitch to 40.  He may be 34, but there's not many guys around that can still crank their 110th pitch at 99 mph.  I'm sure Kate helps the cause.  Go Houston !  

Good story but the Indians will be tough to beat.

Here is a nice memory EBK

Debbie%20pics%20083_zpszcd64cyv.jpg

41 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

Looks like most of the races are dead anyway--unless something goes awry, it's just the interminable wait for October...

It sucks when your team is out of it like ours  WE have  a long shot that might be gone after tonight?  But I do not fear Tanaka.  I only fear our own pitcher

ps   The streak ends tonight.  KC

Archived